SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the number of illegal mags turned in in New Jersey is?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the number of illegal mags turned in in New Jersey is? Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
Zero. Take a look. Big Grin

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/...source=socialnetwork

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
From this point forward, this should be the response by all gun owners to 'all' new gun control laws. We will not comply. Let's see how far we can push the leftists for a change.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I shoot with a few Jersey guys. No one turned shit it.

Hell, I think NJ people even got some 30s, since they weren’t gonna comply anyway. The troubles for more than 10 are the same as 30.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
When your liberty & ability to defend yourself is threatened, Eventually laws become meaningless

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
My sister-in-Kaw's husband has me holding a dozen or more for him.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Acts can be proscribed, motivations cannot.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
There were Jerseyite gun owners who sent them out of State or had out of state friends trade them for lo caps. I brokered a trade deal here for a NJ buddy.

I saw several others did trades as well.

The NJ LEOs are quite anti gun. And the Courts support that thought.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hehe

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Keep your mags boys, you may need them.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Something very similar happened in NY after Emperor Cuomo passed his feel good gun laws. A wide range of “assault rifles” were supposed to be turned in or registered. Of the several million of these guns in the state, something like 20,000 were ever registered and a handful of junk rifles were turned in. It took multiple requests to get them to release the data. Nobody complied.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
But they were hamstrung in their efforts by the fact that the magazines are not registered. If only they were registered they would know right where to go to confiscate them...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
But they were hamstrung in their efforts by the fact that the magazines are not registered. If only they were registered they would know right where to go to confiscate them...

CT passed a law requiring magazines to be registered. Any guesses on how that went?

These people have no idea of scale. If they think a magazine registry is even practical. The idea of a national firearms registry is nuts due to the potential size alone, not to mention its legitimacy. A federal magazine registry.... either would be quietly scrapped after they got the real cost in dollars.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27006 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you were a cop, would you have kicked in a door for a magazine? Ain't gonna happen.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I wonder if NJ has any kind of list to which they can mail warning letters in an effort to encourage compliance. They probably don't have PC for warrants, but, if the chiefs of police really cared, they could probably get the word out some more. For that matter, I wonder how many bump fire stocks have been handed over or destroyed in the last few weeks. No mention of that in the news.

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
NJ leads the nation in boat accidents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing this is a mix of non-compliance and out of state storage. Both sides can claim victory, BUT.... magazine owners who kept them in state still are burdened with the need to worry about incidental discovery of the mags at their house.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I live in NJ and I'm a member of a private club. Many of the members sent their magazines out of state to friends, relatives or companies (Gunsitters??) Also, many had their magazines modified to hold only 10 rounds per approved methods outlined in the law.

I keep hearing and reading (even in the article in the OP) that there's 1 million NJ gun owners. Where are they? There were a couple of organized protest events in Trenton before the bill was signed into law and there was no more than 200 people present each day. It was pathetic.

It's fun to think that the boys and girls in NJ are a bunch of rebels that spit in the face of this law, but you'd better think again.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Well, like many people don’t have the time to go to rallys, I sure as heck don’t.

The other reason people haven’t turned in mags is because most people aren’t even aware of it, unless they’re the type to cruise message boards and seek the info.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
For those talking about enforcement of this law, NJ was well aware that there was no mechanism for enforcement. As such, part of the law indicates that an owner can render the offensive magazine permanently inoperable by crushing it and disposing of it on their own.

Basically, they'd have to catch you red-handed during unrelated contact with LE.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Enforcement will be if LE comes across any of these magazines in the course of any other interactions. If they do, the owner will have the book thrown at them. It will be a good weapon for a vengeful spouse / GF to use against their SO if they want to get rid of them.

Edit: Pessimist beat me to it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post