SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do I need a tinfoil hat or is Amazon using my phone camera?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do I need a tinfoil hat or is Amazon using my phone camera? Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I was asking somebody about uranium ore, and the next day I got an email from a Ukrainian whore.

LOL

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to crawl under the bed. My cat is already there. No one can find us there. I will know if I am compromised if I start getting ads for beds, blankets and cat supplies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Sugar in the raw? You're lucky you didn't get job offers to make cotton candy at a nudist resort.

Posts: 7638 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure whether some of you guys are funny, or frightening.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm not sure whether some of you guys are funny, or frightening.

LOL. Me too. I have not been comforted. Buying the heavy duty non stick foil now.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
There is bluetooth technology in shopping centers that knows where you stop/pause. By now, all of our accounts and devices are correlated through various contact points we've made.

Though far more likely, your purchase info was sold. Did you use that store's barcode scan card to get your discount/perk-points? I spoke to the I.T. director of a major local grocery chain who flat out told me well over 10 years ago, "we're a data analytic company that sells groceries".

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
You're lucky you didn't get job offers to make cotton candy at a nudist resort.

I might be available if it is close to home!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4245 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Yep listening. So I use it to my advantage. When I want to get some bath and body works products on sale I just randomly talk about them to myself with my phone nearby. Usually about a day later they are on sale. The first time I thought, well, that’s just me being paranoid. After the 5th time I am a believer.

That is a pragmatic and awesome hack. Wonder how long we have before AI is made to counter it.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
There is bluetooth technology in shopping centers that knows where you stop/pause. By now, all of our accounts and devices are correlated through various contact points we've made.

Though far more likely, your purchase info was sold. Did you use that store's barcode scan card to get your discount/perk-points? I spoke to the I.T. director of a major local grocery chain who flat out told me well over 10 years ago, "we're a data analytic company that sells groceries".

That is why I use fake names for my Safeway and Food Lion cards.

Big Suger, if you read SIGforum, my name, address, and phone number are:

Fake Name
123 Any St
Anytown, NY 12345

(123) 456-7890

Guy at food lion worked up the courage to ask me how to pronounce my name. Told him to think about it and it dawned on him Name, Fake was actually a fake name. Some of the clerks will say "thank you Mr. Name." I should get on their asses about assuming my gender.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those with the tin foil hats.

When walking around and if not using them, turn off your WiFi and Bluetooth.

It cuts down on the indoor tracking.

Posts: 4784 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Not the phone camera. The GPS knows where you are to the inch.

Yep - where you are and how fast you went by (or how long you lingered.) And the Food Lion (and other retailers) know to the inch, what is where on their shelves and their UPC checkout data knows what you bought (and what you didn't.) Wink

Posts: 15157 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Not the phone camera. The GPS knows where you are to the inch.

Yep - where you are and how fast you went by (or how long you lingered.) And the Food Lion (and other retailers) know to the inch, what is where on their shelves and their UPC checkout data knows what you bought (and what you didn't.) Wink

Neither I nor my wife have those so-called smart phones. And I keep my old style phone turned off when I do not have to use it. So we do not get any of those calls other here have talked about.

I was toying with the idea to get one of those smart phones, but after reading this thread, and some other comments, about the tracking and eaves dropping, not gonna do it!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Are you using an android or iPhone? I refuse to get an Alexa and echo for the reasons in this post.

I’m guessing the Android was listening.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Most of us carry our cell phones in our pocket. Was your cell phone out and the camera pointing at what you were looking at?

The camera could not see anything if in your pocket like mine is in the grocery store.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post