SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ex-con with 31 felonies out on eight bonds totalling $1,130,000 disappears
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ex-con with 31 felonies out on eight bonds totalling $1,130,000 disappears Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I think I see the problem...

quote:
Fox2News.com: 24-year-old ex-con free from jail on total of 31 felony bonds, exceeding more than $1 million

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas - "I've never seen someone who's out on a total of 31 felony bonds," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers. 

You can't blame 24-year-old Joshua Gabriel Ortiz-Lopez for choosing freedom over a jail cell.

It's some Harris County Criminal District Court Judges who see no problem with granting a convicted felon 31 felony bonds.

"$1,160,000 in total bonds on eight felonies since 2019," Kahan said.

Ortiz-Lopez's felony charges include engaging in organized criminal activity, arson, retaliation, and possession of body armor by a convicted felon.

"I've seen his bond revoked on one case four times on another case four times," said Kahan.
"They keep reinstating it, and he keeps getting back out. He keeps reoffending and they keep putting him back out."

While out on bond, Ortiz-Lopez has racked up seven new felony charges and was convicted of felony theft in Montgomery County.

"If public safety is your primary goal to keep the public safe from an offender like him, it's not happening," said Kahan.

We went to the northwest Harris County home that Ortiz-Lopez claims as his address to the bonding company. A woman there told us, he no longer lives there.

"I dare anyone out there who's watching this, if you think you can top 31 felony bonds, call me, you contact us," Kahan said.

The judge responsible for all the felony bonds is Amy Martin. She lost the 263rd bench in last year's primary election.

I did! I did! I did see the problem. And apparently it has been corrected.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Bleeding heart liberal judges...

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Leftist trash liberals more like.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought this was a Kim Foxx feel good story.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its to bad this felon didn't commit a felony against the idiot judge that keeps releasing him to prey on the public.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite simply the names of these judges MUST be
published so that the law abiding/voting public will be better informed at re-election time.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Who the hell kept putting up the bond?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
maybe they are hoping he skips and then they will get to keep the money.... one way to look at it is that's pure profit compared to having to feed and cloth him in prison.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe they are hoping he skips

Is it wrong for me to hope he's dead?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Why am I not at all surprised that this occurred in Harris County? Roll Eyes

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Harris County has a George Soros funded district attorny, Kim Ogg, who has been a disaster with bail "reform", undermining LEOs efforts, and the typical libtard playbook. Even for murder suspects, Ogg's office asks for low/no bail, and they go on to commit more murders (e.g. murder a witness).

Houston encompasses 7 counties with Harris being the largest county. Unfortunately, there are liberal judges in more than just Harris County which means that they'll ignore bonds in other counties. The most egregious was a murderer out on low bond (~$1000 if memory serves me correct) committed a murder in a 2nd county in Houston Metropolitan area and the GD judge let him out on a low bond. The original county didn't revoke bond and put the murderer in jail either.

On a related note, Texas Gov. Abbott just sent a letter to the Lt Gov and the Speaker of the House requesting legislation for parolees cutting off their ankle monitors. Currently no penalties and 3 Texans being murdered by someone who cutoff their ankle monitor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How does bail work in Texas?
quote:
Ex-con with 31 felonies out on eight bonds totalling $1,130,000 disappears
If bail bondspeople put that up, he surely has at least half a dozen bounty hunters bail enforcement agents after him.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://ballotpedia.org/Amy_Martin_(Texas)

Well...Amy Martin is a Demotarded piece of fecal matter. The only problem, despite her losing the Democratic Primary, is that the Demotarded piece of fecal matter that defeated her in the primaries won over the Republican contender in the General Election.

Here is the NEW Demotarded piece of fecal matter that now presides over that district:

https://ballotpedia.org/Melissa_Morris

quote:
Originally posted by Michael J. Shannon:
Quite simply the names of these judges MUST be
published so that the law abiding/voting public will be better informed at re-election time.
All due respect, Michael...it wouldn't do one damned bit of good. Not in the Demotarded bastion of Houston, TX where people punch the "D" button because, well...you know...that's what they've done all their lives. Vote on the actual issues??? Fuuuuuuuuuuuck no!!! Mad

If you get away from the Houston city limits, it's pretty damned Red in the surrounding areas of Harris County.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Bleeding heart liberal judges...

Yeah, she's a real winner.

quote:
Suspects Charged in Murder of Harris County Deputy Were Out On Bond For Murder, Capital Murder
In 2021, a Capital Murder bond for Taylor had been set for $200,000. But Judge Amy Martin lowered bond and released the suspect now charged with the murder of a deputy constable.

https://thetexan.news/suspects...rder-capital-murder/

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
George Soros dumps money on these "progressive DAs" and the result is always the same lots of crime of every stripe. Soros has so much blood on his hands I wonder if he buys lemons by the bushel bag to clean the blood off before he goes to bed.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Who is writing these bonds and who is paying the bond premium?

Seems like a crazy business model unless the bonding company is involved in the criminal's illegal behavior.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post