SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
If this happens, I'm willing to watch The Watters Factor!

I totally agree. He's a pit bull of an interviewer and would attract a younger audience.

I would be all over this.

I tuned out O'Reilly some time ago.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Now is the time for a second conservative TV network to start up. Once Rupert retires or kicks off, his kids are going to start gutting FNC.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Now is the time for a second conservative TV network to start up. Once Rupert retires or kicks off, his kids are going to start gutting FNC.

They've already started - as posted earlier, it's rumored that one of his kids' wife is behind the ouster of BillO.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Don't understand all the love for this smug, arrogant, gun-hating motherfucker.

That is a bit weird. It's not like he's some kind of conservative champion, and it's not like there's some necessary connection between him being gone and more staunch conservatives in the media being taken out of the media.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: 21st Century Fox has issued a statement.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Well, so long Bill. I hope they can fill his time slot with a winner. I would support Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters, even though he's still a bit wet behind the ears. Maybe they'll plug Brit Hume in for the interim? Chris Wallace maybe?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had a feeling he wasn't going to be coming back from "vacation".

FNC seems to be changing before our eyes pretty quickly with people like Tucker Carlson and Jesse Watters rising to the forefront in what seems to me like an attempt to draw a younger demographic.

Now if they could shift their advertisers away from the gold-hoarding, 90-year-old hypochondriacs who need a lifetime supply of catheters demographic...

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is it true that Bill was telling female office staff that he was packing "heavy weapons"?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had a feeling he wasn't going to be coming back from "vacation".

Now if they could shift their advertisers away from the gold-hoarding, 90-year-old hypochondriacs who need a lifetime supply of catheters demographic...

Isn't that the demographic of everyone who still watches TV news?

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson will be moving to O'Reilly's former timeslot, and The Five will be moving to 9 p.m.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...to-fox-news-n2315476

"The Five" at 9pm ? sounds like a disaster

I think that firing Ailes and now OReilly is all because of the two liberal sons taking over for Rupert Murdoch.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Tucker Carlson will be moving to O'Reilly's former timeslot, and The Five will be moving to 9 p.m.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...to-fox-news-n2315476

"The Five" at 9pm ? sounds like a disaster

Good to hear about Tucker, I think he's a rising star there.

Wasn't "The Five" called that because it was on at 5 o'clock in addition to being 5 people? That time slot is not going to work.

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Too bad that Shepard Smith wouldn't make a pass at a woman even if you held the rump ranger at gun point. That idiot needs to go.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Now, if they could just get rid of Hannity...

Well, one can dream I suppose.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
rump ranger
Haaaaa! Stolen...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I suspect that they aren't moving the Five to 9pm so much as rerunning that day's show in the later time slot until they figure out what to put in that slot permanently.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is it true that Bill was telling female office staff that he was packing "heavy weapons"?

Well, by Long Island standards...

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starting Monday, Fox will air Tucker Carlson’s show an hour earlier, in O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. ET slot, and move the popular ensemble show “The Five” from 5 to 9 p.m. On May 1, “Five” member Eric Bolling will debut a one-hour program at 5 p.m., and Martha MacCallum will make her “First 100 Days” show permanent at 7 p.m.
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...ent-allegations.html

I'm not sure Bolling will make it solo. Martha MacCallum will probably be pissed, also. They moved her to evenings supposedly for 100 days. And now this. What a friggin' mess.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Can't stand Waters. I want to wipe that smirk off his face in an unpleasant manner every time he comes on... unfortunately he probably does appeal to the Greatest Loser Generation.
FOX needs to move some peronnel from its business network over to FNC.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Oblatherly has been off my list for years, some of his stuff was good at least better than MSNBCNNISTAN

Waters is funny, but we will need to get Miller a new co-hort, his stuff is great...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Can't stand Waters. I want to wipe that smirk off his face in an unpleasant manner every time he comes on... unfortunately he probably does appeal to the Greatest Loser Generation.
FOX needs to move some peronnel from its business network over to FNC.

Lou Dobbs comes to mind.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Laura Ingraham get her own show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I bet ol' Smelly Megyn wishes she had stuck around. Not that I'm not glad she's gone, but if she still was at Fox, I bet she could have weaseled up the better time slot ladder.

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post