SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes you never know....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes you never know.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
ARman, I can imagine what this means to the students.

When I was in the 7th grade...maybe the 8th, I dreaded getting on the bus everyday. My older sibs rode the high school bus, my younger rode the elementary bus.
I was getting slapped around by the biggest guy in my class every day on the bus. I was the smallest guy in my class.
I told the bus driver every day for weeks. The driver just ignored me and told me to sit down.
I told my teacher, she did nothing. I told the principle, he did nothing.
Finally I told my father, who was a big strong man.
He told me that one day a man has to become a man and stand up for himself. When I told him how big the guy was, he just said well whats the worst he could do to you? Just get the first punch in and make it a good one in the mouth or nose.
Well, I did and was no longer afraid to get on the bus daily.
I can understand how much it would mean. Good for you.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aquabird, sorry to hear that your bus driver and everyone else didn't do anything for you. Your dad, like mine gave me the same advise. It worked for me, and I never got picked on again. Big Grin

In today's PC culture that good advice just don't fly. Oh well. I guess that is how things are.

Myself, I don't put up with bulling and that kind of thing. I'm just sorry that I didn't see it going on with "young lady". I would have put a stop to it.

That said. My post was more about how you never know in what way you (a person) touches another person.

Sometimes you are lucky and blessed to find out. This is what happened to me. It hurt my heart to find out that this girl was bullied. I was and still a little mad at myself for not seeing it. It made me feel good that just asking "are you OK?", made this girl feel better and cared for. It also made me feel good hearing from the mom, how she relayed her appreciation. Though I don't feel like I deserve it, for just being me and doing my job.

I hope that this will help everyone reflect, and know that sometimes the littlest things have a huge impact on the people around you. I had somewhat forgotten that.

It touched me deeply. I am humbled by the mother thanking me.

ARman

Posts: 3216 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
ARMan, you make us proud to be part of this great community of invisible friends from all walks of life.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
love it

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post