SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neighbors letting me choose who moves in.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbors letting me choose who moves in. Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
I seriously have the best neighbors. Not only are they great people, but they are letting me choose who buys their house because they want us to be happy with who moves in.

Unfortunately, they are moving to an area nearby and building a dream house on a lake. They are in their 70’s.

Anyway, they gave me some names of people who bid way over asking (it’s a very sought after neighborhood, a State Senator lives down the street).

First guy, family of 5...looked him up on LinkedIn, he’s the Dean of Community outreach at a local University Roll Eyes ...went on his Facebook, yep ultra liberal, Trump sucks, ban guns, open borders, you name it, it was all there.

Feeling a bit guilty, I said no fucking way to the liberal guy and went with the next choice. The alternative family is moving in.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Politics would not bother me. How the person kept their property would. I prefer quiet older folks with no kids.

With University employees all bets are off. Administrators are more predicable than Professors. I remember years ago commenting on an unmowed lot in a nice subdivision in Nashville. My wife remarked that he was a Vanderbilt Professor and wanted his yard to return to a natural state.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I going the opposite direction when I hopefully sell our home next year.

I'm going with the highest offer, which is usually a Chinese buyer. They will either rent it to multiple family group or a multi-generation family will move in.

My parting gift to lousy neighbors on both sides.

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

First guy, family of 5...looked him up on LinkedIn, he’s the Dean of Community outreach at a local University Roll Eyes ...went on his Facebook, yep ultra liberal, Trump sucks, ban guns, open borders, you name it, it was all there.

I hope he wasn't from the local Ivy. I suppose there is a better than average chance.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:

I'm going with the highest offer, which is usually a Chinese buyer. They will either rent it to multiple family group or a multi-generation family will move in.

You and I would get along very well.

Nothing like leaving the shit storm on your way out Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool of them to ask! I'd probably make the same choice, but I'd do it knowing that it would probably backfire anyway...

...like when I try to pick the "shorter" line at checkout. Roll Eyes (always get check lady or look up price etc.)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:

You and I would get along very well.

Nothing like leaving the shit storm on your way out Big Grin Big Grin

Planning on doing the same. Have a Cambodian neighbor whose whole family likes to hang out and party in the cul-de-sac right next to our house. His various relatives have gotten pretty ballsy these last few months about parking right next to our house, outside our bedroom window and smoking blunts in their car while they boom the bass. At ten and eleven at night. I’ve gone out a half dozen times in the last few months to politely tell them to move it along and the last time, finally told his sister in law that I would really hate to have to call the cops on my neighbors when they’ve got a driveway that would fit six cars and there’s only one parked there at any time (three generations plus under one roof), and that it would be great if she could smoke her blunts in his driveway because I was sketched out about all the people I don’t know parking right outside my bedroom window late at night, casing my house. I mean, I can recognize you (her) nine times out of ten, but I’d rather not have to come check because good neighbors don’t keep bothering each other. She was all apologies. I was open carrying for maybe the first time in my life. Haven’t heard a whump-thump-BA-BUUUMMMMMM since.

They’re going to end up with much worse neighbors than a white couple with a young child who minds their own business.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has told me several times how pleased he is that we bought our house. He keeps in touch with the old gentleman that sold it to us and has thanked him for not saddling him with some progressive SJW assholes.
On July 4th, we were standing in front of his house, watching fireworks, drinking beer, and discussing the relative virtues of Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro. We both agreed that Antifa should choose another block to get stupid on.
I love my neighbors. Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
You've saved yourself a shouting match over the fence.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Feeling a bit guilty, I said no fucking way to the liberal guy and went with the next choice. The alternative family is moving in.

Why feel guilty? I certainly wouldn't. I wouldn't want to live next to some asshole with the "qualities" he's displayed. I'd rather not see that disgusting asshole every time I left my house and every time I came home.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post