New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck tires Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I've emailed tirerack.com concerning a suitable replacement but so far no reply.

Posts: 45377 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Michelins for me... ride, traction, wear, quality, etc.

Keeping you on the road in the worst of conditions.

Piece of mind.

Same here. I got 117K miles on my last set and they still had tread left but they had aged.

I don't know how you guys do this, I really don't.

I've had Michelins exclusively for years and years. I love the tires for three of the four reasons listed, but I'm lucky if I get 30K miles out of a set. I just plan on buying a new set every other year and they are nearly bald when I do swap them out.

I do tend to drive a little aggressively, on shitty roads, in four seasons, but there's not a chance in hell that even if I didn't do those things I'd get even half of 117K miles out of a set of tires. Not a chance.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Michelin's on my pickup cost me over 1 MPG

You must have had a smaller diameter tire to cost you 1 MPG. I have kept the gas mileage for all of my vehicles for 52 years and have never noticed any change in mileage when correcting for tire size.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post