SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gift idea for a dying mom...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gift idea for a dying mom... Login/Join 
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Can you use FMLA to spend as much time with her as possible?

As far as gifts I like the idea of a journal. She can write down her journey through life.

A trip to a place shes never been before is great suggestion.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about what is happening.

I don't think I saw anyone mention this, but what about getting a star named after her?

https://star-naming.com/?gclid...__OXQABoCEM4QAvD_BwE

I don't have anything to do with the company, I just thought it was a neat and unusual gift. Something that could be meaningful for the receiver and the giver.

Good luck

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Can you use FMLA to spend as much time with her as possible?

As far as gifts I like the idea of a journal. She can write down her journey through life.

A trip to a place shes never been before is great suggestion.

I spoke with my parents last night, and asked to come visit. My dad said now is not the time, and I said there will never be a right time. I could hear a sad sigh. I was upset, but I have to respect their wishes at this time, not my own. My mom is very adamant about me not coming home. I fear that is because of her present condition. She has lost a considerable amount of weight, and has almost no appetite.

I am semi-retired, so I could easily make the time. They have just said it is not necessary. I have to accept their wishes, and I understand why. I call them daily, and do zoom meetings often. A friend had mentioned doing a "Brady Bunch" kind of family pic with all of us in our Zoom squares. I might have to settle for that. My last pic with them is my dad, mom and I in the hospital wearing Covid masks. There is some humor in that though. But that could be the last in person pic I will ever have.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Email sent ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post