SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sarah Huckabee Sanders to be sworn in as Arkansas Governor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sarah Huckabee Sanders to be sworn in as Arkansas Governor Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...le-governor-arkansas

Sarah Huckabee Sanders will make history Tuesday when she is sworn in as the first female governor of Arkansas, and the youngest governor in the nation, with plans to bring an "aggressive, bold and conservative" agenda that will have a "generational impact" on the state.

Sanders, 40, easily defeated Democratic opponent Chris Jones in November.

Sanders, who worked as a White House press secretary for former President Donald Trump and on a number of political campaigns throughout her career, said she "always thought" she would work "more behind the scenes" in politics.

"And here I am, anything but after the last few years," Sanders said.

Education reform is at the top of Sanders’ list after being sworn in.

"I’ve made no secret that the biggest priority I have for this session is a large-scale education reform package," Sanders said. "I am really excited to work with our legislative partners to bring about education reform that, I think, will have a generational impact on our state."

As a mother of three elementary-aged children, a daughter and two sons, Sanders has an inside look at classrooms and curriculum across the state.

Other top priorities for Sanders’ administration, she said, is an emphasis on public safety.

"Making sure that our law enforcement officers have the training and the resources and the tools that they need to do their job well, and being supportive of their efforts, and putting some truth into sentencing here in the state of Arkansas," Sanders said, adding that she will also focus on "making sure that violent repeat offenders aren’t let out into our community so that they can continue to commit crime."

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is great for Arkansas. She will be fantastic. Wish we had a good Governor in Kansas.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
She would be a good candidate for President of the U.S.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1382 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
She would be a good candidate for President of the U.S.
Please, let's not start this. She hasn't even taken office. We don't know how she'll handle a governorship and you're suggesting the presidency.

Posts: 107750 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders will make history Tuesday when she is sworn in as the first female governor of Arkansas, and the youngest governor in the nation

Also possibly the first child to follow in the footsteps of their Arkansas governor parent (Mike Huckabee).

I know we've had sibling governors, but I don't think we've had parent/child governors.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to see how she does in her first year. I bet she'll do a great job.

Posts: 5769 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
She's got a good background and I pray she will do well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
All I will say is I am far more optimistic about her as Governor of AR than the shitdick we are stuck with in PA.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Also possibly the first child to follow in the footsteps of their Arkansas governor parent (Mike Huckabee).

I know we've had sibling governors, but I don't think we've had parent/child governors.

California - Edmund "Pat" Brown and Edmund "Jerry" Brown.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
California - Edmund "Pat" Brown and Edmund "Jerry" Brown.

We know how that (^^^) turned out...

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's California... I'm talking about Arkansas.

As stated, she's likely the first child to follow in the footsteps of their Arkansas governor parent.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
She's got great family genetics. Arkansas lucky to have her as governor.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1570 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Contrast to Massachusetts, we have our first openly LGBTQ Governor, Maura Healey, her first thing was to appoint a Secretary for Climate Change. I'd take a 1/5 of Sarah as our Governor.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Issued an executive order banning the word “Latinx” in State Government use.

Citing it as “ethnically insensitive and pejorative”

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...government-documents

Off to a good start!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10962 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Citing it as “ethnically insensitive and pejorative”

Well said, accurate, and I have a lot of respect for that.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

and an EO requiring that all state departments, agencies, and offices must submit two rules for repeal for every one rule presented for rulemaking. (My personal favorite...)

And an EO banning Critical Race Theory in schools.

And an EO beefing up the unemployment benefit cross-checking process to eliminate fraud and waste.

And an EO implementing a state government hiring freeze until the entire state payroll can be reviewed to ensure efficiency and eliminate waste/redundancy.

AND an EO banning TikTok from state electronic devices.

This lady is hitting the ground running.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ All of that is so fiscally responsible and above board normal thinking. Wouldn't be a blessing if more govs thought this way?!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38724 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Guess they're not going to be kicking her out of any more restaurants.

Posts: 7550 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
WTF is a Latinx, anyway? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26506 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
WTF is a Latinx, anyway?

It's an attempt at introducing/forcing a gender-neutral replacement for the binary gendered Spanish words Latina (female from Latin America) or Latino (male from Latin America).

Now that we're in a world of "there's more than 2 genders" and "my gender changes from one day to the next", "Latinx" is supposed to represent "person from Latin America".