SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brave Browser- is there a "zoom text only" setting?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brave Browser- is there a "zoom text only" setting? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I want to use the zoom function to enlarge text only, and not images on a page. I can't find it. Am I just missing it, or do I need a plugin, or is there just no such option for this browser?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
In Preferences -> Appearance there is a text size setting, but I suspect this isn't what you're looking for.

Posts: 6789 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Agree with architect. Brave only has a font size option. Only other thing I can think of is a magnifier plug in. If you're running windows one is already available there too.

Frankly when I have such need I simply use CTRL + but it also enlarges images which you don't want.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
What architect said, but it only works on certain sites. I changed mine to font size Large, which enlarges the forum text and gmail, but not other websites. I think font sizes on websites are control by the webpage programming - all you can do there is zoom the whole page - pics and all. So, I'm pretty much back to Chrome.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I don't know, I'm gonna disagree here. I've just spent some time playing around with adjusting the font size while viewing the 'Main Page', as well as a few other forum pages, and it seems to do exactly what you're asking about. All font size changes from (Very Small thru Very Large) change the size of the text only, and do not affect any background images, or any embedded content.

Also I'm finding this under 'Settings' -> Appearance. I do not find a Preferences menu in Brave.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Also I'm finding this under 'Settings' -> Appearance. I do not find a Preferences menu in Brave.

True... I didn't catch that error in description.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know, I'm gonna disagree here. I've just spent some time playing around with adjusting the font size while viewing the 'Main Page', as well as a few other forum pages, and it seems to do exactly what you're asking about. All font size changes from (Very Small thru Very Large) change the size of the text only, and do not affect any background images, or any embedded content.

OK, I understand now. I was trying the "Zoom" function, which does alter image size along with the text. But the "Font Size" option does change only text size. The thing is, its settings are coarser than the Zoom feature.

Thanks

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Settings is Windows. Preferences is the Mac equivalent.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am using Brave now, and I don't find a "Font Size" option anywhere.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Go to Settings>Appearance

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Go to Settings>Appearance
"Settings" does not have an "Appearance" option. Just "Get Started" options, none of which deal with appearance.

ETA: sorry, I just zoomed out the Settings screen and found there were more options that I could not see or reach on the size I was using.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Good info - Thanks!

Think I'll go play some Johnny Nash now Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwJ-g0iJ6w

Posts: 4828 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post