SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Perfect Example Of Wokness Beginning To Eat Itself
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect Example Of Wokness Beginning To Eat Itself Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
And it has to happen in friggen' Philly...of course! Big Grin Roll Eyes

I actually laughed my ass off at this article, it literally sounds like an Onion or Babylon Bee thing, but is REAL:

quote:

Queer-owned business shut down by employees for not being woke enough

Libs of TikTok
7/5/22

Mina’s World, a cafe in Philadelphia that prided itself in being “Queer-owned,” has officially closed its doors after a woke employee revolt. The cafe was owned by Kate Egghart and Sonam Parikh, two queer activists who started Mina’s in an effort to create an inclusive coffee shop. However, their employees have claimed Egghart and Parikh are anti-black and “gentrifiers.” Gentrifier is a woke term used to describe those who purposely contribute to the displacement of low-income families. Mina’s World was located just around the corner from Malcolm X Park in Philadelphia and employed mostly minority workers.

Ironically— prior to the allegations from employees—Parikh spoke to Bon Appetit about the opening of Mina’s World and said when she worked at different coffee shops, “white ownership neglected to protect their Black and trans employees. I knew there needed to be a space where you could have an amazingly made cup of coffee that’s not whitewashed.”

Fast forward two years and employees of Mina’s World have put out a public statement where they claimed they were suffering from a plethora of “systemic” woes as a result of the alleged gentrification including “employer opposition” and “anti-blackness.”

Employees expanded on these woes in their public “List of Grievances" which is basically a bunch of empty buzzwords to generate outrage and included no substantial evidence to back up their claims.

As if it couldn’t get any worse, the employees also demanded that the owners “redistribute the business” to them.

Egghart and Parikh responded to their employees’ demands in a hostage-style video in which they repeatedly apologized for being gentrifiers. Egghart spoke next to Parikh saying, “We’re going live as part of a radical accountability process. We’re complicit in the gentrification and anti-blackness on 52nd Street. We put our community at risk with our presence as well as our workers.”

UPDATE: They deleted the hostage style video from Instagram which I embedded in the article. I always keep backups Smile

The two owners agreed to attempt to hand over ownership of Mina’s saying, “With the guidance of the workers and Black and Brown Workers Collective, we’re trying to raise funds to buy the business and turn it over to our staff.”

The hostile takeover quickly backfired on the woke employees as the owner of the building where Mina’s World is housed listed the property for sale.

Despite the owners of Mina’s World being radically progressive, with Philly Eats even calling the cafe a “queer haven,” Egghart and Parikh were still cannibalized by the woke mob and Mina’s World has officially closed its doors for good this week.

Egghart and Parikh’s surrender to the outrage shows a point proven again and again— no matter how many times you bend the knee to the mob, you will never be able to adhere to their insatiable standards for progressive enlightenment. No matter how much of an “ally” you are, you will never be safe from becoming just another trophy head on the wall of wokeism.

Link

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too funny!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hostile takeover quickly backfired on the woke employees as the owner of the building where Mina’s World is housed listed the property for sale.

Perfect! Now the workers with their new collective ownership can collectively pony up the $425,000 to buy the building and own it free and clear! Want to collectively own the business? You're going to have to collectively cover the expenses. A business like that probably has what, 10-15 employees? $30-$40,000 a piece should be easy enough for them to come up with to cover it.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Such a shame and in the shadow of Malcom X park too!

Posts: 673 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
LOL, good! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
PC/wokeness is voracious, insatiable and indiscriminate. The only way to win that game is not to play.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ableism??? WTF?

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Ableism??? WTF?
Yeah, these folks have their own vocabulary and dictionary, absolutely impossible to keep up with, not that anyone here would bother trying...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Discrimination in favor of able-bodied people. (I had to google it.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So Ableism in a coffee shop is hiring somebody with arms and hands to pour coffee, ok so how does a guy with no arms and hands pour coffee?
What does he use his feet and serve the coffee on his head. Fuck ‘‘em you wanted a queer coffee shop all hip and woke and other shit, got what you deserve.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The obligatory clip of President Trump defining "being woke":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIF2rdXnpMo

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
So Ableism in a coffee shop is hiring somebody with arms and hands to pour coffee, ok so how does a guy with no arms and hands pour coffee?
What does he use his feet and serve the coffee on his head. Fuck ‘‘em you wanted a queer coffee shop all hip and woke and other shit, got what you deserve.

That's funny as shit.

As for the closing of Minas, it is such a shame. NOT! Maybe the owners will wake up, grow a brain, and become conservative capitalists.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Militant little bitches, ain't they?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Whats the Nelson Muntz laugh, oh yea HA HA!

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
One kind of woke attacked another.

I even less sympathy for militant, anti-capitalist labor demands than for about any other kind of radicals.

They took a job and are now demanding an ownership interest?

And it appears they drove their employer out of business. See how it works, you numbskulls?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
No matter how "woke" you might think you are...you are never woke enough...

Dont ever negotiate with terrorists, especially marxist cultural terrorists.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOKNESS. I am disappointed. I thought this was about Chinese cooking.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They got what they deserved.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warms the cockles of my heart. A real feel good story.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok, go open your own coffee shop. I wanna see you run a black and brow disabled empowering business and have it succeed.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post