SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spanish speakers, Why is this YT of HRC a search result of 'An alligator bit my ...'?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spanish speakers, Why is this YT of HRC a search result of 'An alligator bit my ...'? Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
Okay, I was searching 'an alligator bit my butt' in spanish, 'el caiman poco mi culo'.

And this tribute song to the grifter is the third result. Any idea why?

https://youtu.be/X9cg6upPESE

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Huh?

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Poco" is "bit" as in "a small thing," "a little bit."

The intransitive for "to bite" is "mordedura," but I can't seem to come up with a page that'll give me the conjugations.

My wife, who was once fluent in Spanish looked at "el caiman poco mi culo" and said "what?" So we poked around a bit. Google translate came up with "un caiman me ha mordido el culo" for "an alligator has bitten my ass." (Tho GT seems to prefer "cocodrilo" to "caiman.")

Some things don't translate as we'd like Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The person who uploaded the video didn't include any keywords, so youtube had to use video-analysis algorithms to determine what the video was about. Video-analysis algorithms consistently identify HRC as either a snake, or an alligator, so there you go.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are you drinking cuz i want some

Posts: 664 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
A song about a prehistoric reptilian killing machine seems somehow fitting.

Or is he trying to tell us that

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What you're looking for isn't "poco" but "pico" with an accent over the "o". Generally it means a bird poked or bit at something with its beak (pico = beak), but it tends to get used for "stung", "teased", "nipped", or, as in this case, as a lighthearted way of saying "an alligator ripped three kilos of meat out of my posterior with those big, nasty teeth it had".

Now, how a search online led you to the ballad of Hillary's hubris? I have no idea. None of the lyrics suggest "caiman", "culo", "poco" or "pico". Maybe Skynet's developed a sense of humor about the 2016 election?

http://sipse.com/entretenimien...-clinton-223021.html

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post