SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hanging my childhood BB gun on the wall.. seeking suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hanging my childhood BB gun on the wall.. seeking suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
I'd like to hang my childhood BB gun on the wall of my home office, but I don't want to just buy some crappy hooks from the hardware store. I'd like to find some kind of inexpensive, but trim, "gun wall hooks", for lack of a description.

It's a daisy, single cock spring action, the same gun as the Red Ryder model as in the movie Christmas Story. Mine wasn't a Red Ryder model specifically, but was the exact same gun.

Do you guys have any recommendations ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8834 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
https://gunracksforless.com/co...ic-hickory-gun-racks

Wooden rifle wall hooks. Come in pairs for as cheap as $15, or as much as $50, depending on what style and type of wood you want.

(They also are a good source for even bigger and fancier wall racks, floor racks, table/cabinet top display racks, etc., if you ever find yourself in need of something more substantial.)

Posts: 32798 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Make sure it's unloaded. You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44251 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My older brother and I had a Crossman 760, man I thought that thing was awesome. Bagged a couple squirrels and even skinned & cooked it up over a open fire. For city kids that was mountain man stuff. Wink

Mom took it away cause we wouldn't stop shooting stuff we weren't supposed to. Argh.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1953 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crossman 760 for me too. I scoped mine.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16274 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I'd use magnets.

Posts: 7432 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Antlers

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Here's what I did. This is my first. Its a black powder kit. A friend and I ordered one of these each. Never really worked on it we just wanted to shoot. We were 18 and stupid. The wood is cherry MDF. MDF routes out nicely. The hooks were made out of 1/8 welding rod. We shot these things to the point they started to loosen up. So, it went up on the wall. Drilled two holes, and press fit the hooks in.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pxwv4K]

Looking at this photo I need to dust.

Posts: 7624 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wish I still had mine.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39013 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Maomart sells these, they are pretty nice. I used them to hang and old shotgun

https://www.walmart.com/ip/All...ge-Firearms/30107856

Posts: 5437 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a shadow box. Very classy and would keep other people's paws off it.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2342 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Antlers

or just antler tips; that’s how I hung my horse gear

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I used 2 coat hooks from Wal-Mart to hang a Arisaka. Was inexpensive, and being a simple black hook, it doesn't detract from the rifle.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3373 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
If I hung up my childhood BB gun, I would have to pay homage to all of the birds we massacred as kids.

I would say some kind of a shadowbox. Maybe incorporate other things from your childhood into it, if you have things that would go along with it.
For me, a bunch of green army men, some GI Joe (4” ones), a “Kamp King” shitty old 4 bladed knife, a small piece of barbed wire, I could see something like that being kinda cool.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4146 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only got one thing for you:

I miss Billy the Kid!
The times that he had!
The life that he lived!
I guess he must've got caught
His innocence lost...
Lord, I wonder where he is?
I miss Billy the Kid!

I still have my Red Ryder BB gun and I would NEVER insult its legendary deeds by hanging it on the wall. It resides hidden in the back corner of my closet - the same place it occupied in a more humble abode when I was a kid.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think you need a custom board to mount it on with something like this pasted on it:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
If I hung up my childhood BB gun, I would have to pay homage to all of the birds we massacred as kids.

I would say some kind of a shadowbox. Maybe incorporate other things from your childhood into it, if you have things that would go along with it.
For me, a bunch of green army men, some GI Joe (4” ones), a “Kamp King” shitty old 4 bladed knife, a small piece of barbed wire, I could see something like that being kinda cool.

My old coworker did woodwork projects on the side
and he made me this for my "Mp5". The velvet backside has a steel sheet behind it and anything with a magnet can be stuck to the wall. The whole case can be hung to a wall, but I just decided to put it on a shelf since it was pretty heavy and large.

Posts: 7432 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Antlers

That. The only proper way to hang a rifle is on an elk rack. Or mulie, or caribou, moose, or whatever you have.

Posts: 7339 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
https://gunracksforless.com/co...ic-hickory-gun-racks

Wooden rifle wall hooks. Come in pairs for as cheap as $15, or as much as $50, depending on what style and type of wood you want.

(They also are a good source for even bigger and fancier wall racks, floor racks, table/cabinet top display racks, etc., if you ever find yourself in need of something more substantial.)

Thanks much for posting the link! I’ve got my late sisters now 60 year old cap gun rifle hanging in our shop. A good selection.

Again, thanks.

Silent

Posts: 1049 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post