SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    She always has me.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

She always has me. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So we were spending the night away from home the other night on a remote property. Wife is in bed. I am thinking about it. It is about 10pm. Boom! followed by another burst of maybe 10 or twelve consecutive shots, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. I am thinking it is a bit odd, but not unheard of. They were fairly close. Couple hundred yards maybe. There are some homes and cabin's in the general area.
She never moved or flinched. The dogs heard them, but they were not spooked either. About a half hour later as I am getting in bad I ask here if she heard the shots. She said yes and good night.

This morning we get up and start some work we had planned to do. Then, Boom. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. I say to her. "Sounds like Ted's place." She looks at me and say's yea as she walks by. I can see it on her face. Like "yea it is Ted, so what. Probably got a new gun." Wink

Love that girl, and have going on 30 years!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Great to hear and sounds like a place we would like to retire to. 30 years here as well and still going strong.
Here's to another 30 for you two!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It's 10 at night and he's outside firing away? Damn. Hey wait...maybe it was an armadillo. That would be OK. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are a lucky man, ORC. I can relate. Your wife's calm reaction to local gunfire sounds much the same as my wife's "nothing to get excited about" attitude towards gunshots in our very rural neighborhood. I've appreciated that steadiness for 45 years.

Posts: 694 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post