SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MIT Press To Publish "Communism for Kids" Book
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MIT Press To Publish "Communism for Kids" Book Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Thanks, joel9507.
And you are certainly right... the Brass Rat on a finger opens doors, world-wide. He's OK.
I just got a 'godless heathen' vibe at MIT.... as if the scientific is 'above' and looks down on the spiritual.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its Massachusetts and MIT is in Cambridge - not exactly the capitalist center of the state

I wouldn't have expected any more from them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53228 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Does it come with free tickets to North Korea? F lame!

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got a 'godless heathen' vibe at MIT.... as if the scientific is 'above' and looks down on the spiritual.

Fwiw, however thread drifty, I respect you tremendously, suspect we'd get along in person just fine, especially just hanging out / conversing like here, particularly regarding the many ideas and view points we share in common, and yet I am - essentially - exactly that, a godless heathen and eternal hedonist, and proudly so, and consider it a significant asset, and wouldn't trade my preference for science and reason for anything you can imagine.

So, you know, it doesn't make one who thinks that way your enemy, not even a little. I've no doubt those of faith also consider their choice (vs mine) superior. It's natural/normal.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
The thesis of the children's book is that communism is "not that hard," but has not been implemented in the right way.

Roll Eyes

A children's book apparently written by children.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30430 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
... and wouldn't trade my preference for science and reason for anything you can imagine.

So, you know, it doesn't make one who thinks that way your enemy, not even a little. I've no doubt those of faith also consider their choice (vs mine) superior. It's natural/normal.
Smile

I don't find science and reason incompatible with my belief in a divine creator...
but yes, I'm sure we would get along fine, even have healthy discussions about it because we are both tolerant of those who do not share our faith (and yes, atheism is faith... actually, it takes far more faith to be absolutely certain there is no God than to be agnostic and just not know...).

The only faith I consider inferior to my own is Islam and that is because adherents to that faith are not tolerant of mine and I will not submit or die. I will fight the Islamification of my country because it is not compatible with our liberty.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post