SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally, my new ride!! 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, my new ride!! 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
Finally! I don't know if some may recall but I put my 2013 Jeep Moab up for sale a few months ago and yep, its gone. I really enjoyed the Jeep and having a rare model made it even more fun. It was a GREAT car and 50,000 trouble free miles! What's not to like? Well I got bored. No im not some rich brat, I was just born into a car business family. I am actually the only one not in the business. I guess it spoiled me a little.
Well, I really liked the capabilities of the Jeep, and it came in useful in the snow days here in middle Tennessee. I really liked the fact it was a really good-looking kinda bad-assed to me. I must say I never really took it off road to flog it, it was babied.
I was in a quandary about what to get next and I started to look at the 4 Runners. Thought my family was going to turn over in their graves because we had the first Datsun dealership in Orange County California! Oh well, let's give em something to talk about! When checking out the 4Runners, I learned they had a trim called the TRD PRO! Four months was the estimated wait times and I wasn't sure I could get one as I was TOLD they only made 30 for US distribution in 2017! Well yesterday the call came in and off to the Dealer I went here in Nashville. This is the first car I've ever paid sticker price for and there was zero negotiation. I knew this going into it but it didn't make it any less painful, and then I laid my eyes on it! Now I've only seen a stock photo of the TRD PRO and it looks good, but in person, dayum!! Toyota did this RIGHT! Lifted, great tires, full Bilstien suspension, wheels, more gizmos that I have ever seen in a car! The packet with the manuals is almost 3.5" thick! I really feel I can go anywhere with this vehicle without it even thinking twice! Screams take me off the road and get me dirty!

I've got to say, I'm pretty exited, what a cool car, maybe I'll go out and get it dirty!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You have photos no?

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

We sold our 2012 4Runner to get a Sienna due to kids. Loved the 4Runner! The Sienna isn't bad though...

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need to upgrade your rims Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Nice!

We sold our 2012 4Runner to get a Sienna due to kids. Loved the 4Runner! The Sienna isn't bad though...

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine has one, they are SWEET!! Congrats on the new ride.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
So what was the $$$ damage?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
$44,500 approximately. And the rims.............love em!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Does the TRD Pro have a sunroof? I wanted a Tacoma TRD Offroad but the technology package added a sunroof and my head hit the headliner.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Baby! I knew that was over 40. Darn Toyotas cost a bunch any more.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
No sunroof. I'm not much of a sunroof or convertible kind a guy.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO

Nice!

I was just out in California and rented one for a week. NOT the TRD PRO, of course.... but it was a black 2017 Toyota 4Runner.
It was comfortable and spacious enough for 4/5 adults and alot of luggage in the back. I really enjoyed it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very nice

I just got my Tacoma back from the shop after being there for 5 weeks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have a 15 4Runner SR5 Premium and love it. I really liked the Inferno red and next the white. Being the cheap bastard I am I just couldn't bring myself to part with the money for the Pro. Every year I think about trading it in for a Pro but the $$$$$$.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, tint those windows and she will look so much better Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what does a PRO version bring to a TRD model? Little more height and better skids?

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Windows being tinted on Monday!

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I love it that there are no stinking badges . Well except the TRD Pro on the rear window separator.

Enjoy

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice! It is on my short list for when my current lease is up.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like what Toyota has done with the 4Runner.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post