SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's Father's Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Father's Day Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Mine was taken far too soon, but not before he ensured we would be prepared for the horrors that lay ahead. He taught us to never give up, no matter what. My love of all things mechanical, the wonders of science, to love the outdoors and be kind to nature. To survive with nothing but your wits. I can farm, fish, blacksmith, shoot (and I mean shoot), build, mechanic, cook, repair and most of all how to analyze anything to make a decision for a course of action. Whether it be troubleshooting something mechanical or a negotiation.

This is weeks before he was gone. We were so young, Richard was going to now pick up the torch of family leader in ways he never realized.

Yes, that's a very young Marzy on the right with him and SC on the left with mom and Richard in the middle. Richard is 20 years out of Vietnam there.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Great family shot.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10460 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Great photo and a wonderful tribute to your father.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8657 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Happy fathers day guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Happy Father's Day to all. My dad long gone, managed to teach
me it didn't cost less to run
off the bottom of the tank.

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, today I got out my permanent Father's Day card, first sent to me in 1985 or so, when our daughter was just a month or so short of her fifth birthday.

She's never 'sent' one since then - she doesn't 'do' that kind of thing, it seems.

Back in 2000 I was home in Canada with my cousin and his family on Father's Day, and his two kids sent me a card and made me a very fine cake, too.

It nigh-on broke my heart.

My dad, a veteran of the Irish War of Independence, and then the Civil War shortly afterwards, passed away back in 1971. There is no day that passes without me missing him and his great Irish heart.

So Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Happy Father’s Day, Dad’s. Tonight I grill and then watch a movie with the boys (now 21, so not necessarily boys anymore). They love twist endings so we are doing The Usual Suspects. I miss my dad(s), but I know how blessed I am, I wish only the same for all of you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha's son bought us some very large and I mean I have never seen a steak this large wagyu steaks for me to BGE. To keep me company while cooking, he got me a bottle of my favorite Hibiki Santori whisky.

He said he considers me his second dad. I treat them better than any father ever could.

I appreciate him.

Oh, the steaks were amazing. Like anything I have ever experienced.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My wonderful daughter got me a new coffee mug for F.D.!

I wish I hadn't lost my eye glasses yesterday but it feels smooth and well made!
After 49 years she really knows her Dad.

Posts: 4196 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I managed to spend a minute with my dad today via FaceTime. I suspect it’s the last Father’s Day for him.

Posts: 53844 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I managed to spend a minute with my dad today via FaceTime. I suspect it’s the last Father’s Day for him.

Frown

I never got to say goodbye to my dad. I was 3000 miles away in a set-room in Cyprus when he died suddenly. He was only 67.

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
One daughter brought me an outdoor rocking chair… not sure how to take that but it is welcome. See my new sig line below…

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4183 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post