SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jinx!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jinx! Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Subject line

What does this make, the 90,000th time I've asked you guys to use clear and unambiguous subject lines which accurately indicate the subject matter of your thread?

And I'll have to keep saying it, because I just can't seem to get through to some of you. "Jinx" is an unacceptabe subject line. This could mean any number of things. "Jinx" doesn't tell a member deciding whether or not to open your thread a damn thing.

In the past, I've locked threads with subject lines like this the instant I saw them. Maybe I need to go back to doing that, since I don't seem to be getting through to some of you.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No “jinx,” no “someone’s coming hungry,” no nothin

quote:
Another game we played was slug bug. Every time you saw a VW Bug on the road if you saw it first, you got to slug the person next to you. Me being the youngest of 5 meant I got bruised up a lot Wink
“Lucky Strike, no strikes back!” Am I dating myself? Probably

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
In Eastern Montana we said, "Three drinks, you owe me a Coke". But my grandson learned jinx down here in the South.

Posts: 274 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I became acquainted with it about 17 years ago when my son learned it from his friends at school. They would exclaim, "Jinx!" And, follow it with, "You owe me a Coke!"

That is how I learned it in SE Michigan back in the 50/60s.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I became acquainted with it about 17 years ago when my son learned it from his friends at school. They would exclaim, "Jinx!" And, follow it with, "You owe me a Coke!"

That is how I learned it in SE Michigan back in the 50/60s.

We just had "owe me a coke" when I was a kid, my daughter uses "jinx"

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Subject line

What does this make, the 90,000th time I've asked you guys to use clear and unambiguous subject lines which accurately indicate the subject matter of your thread?

And I'll have to keep saying it, because I just can't seem to get through to some of you. "Jinx" is an unacceptabe subject line. This could mean any number of things. "Jinx" doesn't tell a member deciding whether or not to open your thread a damn thing.

In the past, I've locked threads with subject lines like this the instant I saw them. Maybe I need to go back to doing that, since I don't seem to be getting through to some of you.
Mea culpa, Para, and I'm sorry. I thought it would be clear since it seems to be a common expression.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post