SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well I see the U.S. is getting serious on the border crisis.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well I see the U.S. is getting serious on the border crisis. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
From today’s Detroit Free Press:

Dogs to face new entry rules at US border starting in August
Jenna Prestininzi
Detroit Free Press

If you're planning to bring a dog into the U.S. this summer, get ready for new rules starting in August.

The U.S. will soon implement new requirements for dogs to enter the country, whether with a pet owner, breeder or rescue group. The new rules will begin later this summer, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

What's required

Be at least six months old.
Have an implanted microchip to verify rabies vaccination.
Be vaccinated if coming from a country where rabies is common.
Appear healthy when arriving.
Have a CDC Dog Import Form receipt.
Have additional documentation depending on previous country of residence and vaccination status.
When the rules begin

The new entry requirements take effect Aug. 1. This coincides with the expiration of a 2021 temporary order banning the entry of dogs from over 100 countries considered high-risk for dog rabies.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I usually ask for a link, but, since they are getting serious, well, that's enough for me.

Sorry,using my iPad I’m unable to post a direct link. Freep.com has it available and this article isn’t behind a paywall.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dogs? Really? Everything else is free to just walk on in.

Posts: 1175 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
https://www.freep.com/story/ne...g-entry/74140076007/

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It's behind a paywall but somehow I was able to click on and read it, very short article as your pasted here.

LINK TO STORY CLICK HERE

Posts: 11994 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Great, this will make road trips with the pooch where I cross into Canada and re-enter the US more of a pain in he ass.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11888 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
It's behind a paywall but somehow I was able to click on and read it, very short article as your pasted here.

LINK TO STORY CLICK HERE

That’s interesting, I wonder if it’s some sort of regional thing as it’s still free here in S/E Michigan.