SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oakley Light Assault Sage 2 Boots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oakley Light Assault Sage 2 Boots Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Are these boots any good?

$50 at LAPG, and I could use a pair of destructible light hikers, but they are no good to me if they're crap.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Better than Nike boots, but not on the same level as Asolo, Vasque, La Sportiva, or Lowa.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wore the SI 8" version of those boots for years before I found better boots from Garmont. I paid much more for my Oakley's than $50. They are comfortable but they aren't the lightest nor do they last as long as others. For $50 it's a good price and a good boot though.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks. This is kind of what I am looking for. I have an expensive pair of goretex Solomon boots for serious work, but I don't like to put miles on them for things like cutting the grass.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought them earlier this year from LAPG. Very light compared to a leather boot. Great for yard work. Allow a couple of days of break in before you wear them for serious use or use mole skin. They are very stiff in the heel area and I blistered my heel by not breaking them in.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Can you post a link?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

https://lapolicegear.com/oakley-11188-751-lab2.html

They also have the same boot in Desert Tan.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

https://lapolicegear.com/oakley-11188-751-lab2.html

They also have the same boot in Desert Tan.
I just looked at the URL in your link. Only color showing is sage green, I don't really care about color, but the largest size available is 11.5. I need 13.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those boots are assault boots, designed for indoor/paved/urban environments, they're not made for hiking or, the trail, they're too soft underfoot and provide little support, best used as a garrison boot. The direct action bubba's who they were targeted for, have moved towards mid-height boots and, approach shoes and less boots.

The best 'inexpensive' hikers on the market are Merrill's Moab-series of footwear.

Spend a bit more, get better materials, design, construction and most important, fit. La Sportiva, Salomon, Lowa, Garmont, Keen, Scarpa, Salewa, etc..

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post