SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    washer fluid....you might put a gal. or two in the garage.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

washer fluid....you might put a gal. or two in the garage. Login/Join 
Picture of VonFatman
posted
while getting my highlander serviced this morning the owner came over to tell me he is seeing this product (washer fluid) backup fast so he suggested buying a couple gal. to get your vehicles thru the winter and spring weather.

if find some i will drop a couple off for him!

good tip.

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It’s been months since I’ve seen any for sale.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I just saw a 2 pack of Rain-X at Costco. So far, no big issues here, but I probably should grab some of the ice type soon.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I just do RO water in mine, but we don't really have to worry about it freezing.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Picked up a case at WalMart. $1.78 a gallon for 6 gallons. Should get us through the Winter.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Washer fluid concentrate for the warmer months. Will freeze but for the warmer months, these are simple and inexpensive.

washer tablets

Like the second one better than the tablets but both work fine. Currently using the tablets because I have a bunch left.

washer concentrate.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
great way to make do....tablets...never dreamed they would be available.

i must live in a cave

i did pick up four gallons today....i may buy two more tomorrow as we have some serious winter driving ahead of us in december and january.

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I will pick up a gallon or 2 tomorrow, but we have not been driving much lately. I would think there would be a surplus not a shortage, but who knows.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Typically I buy the 2 pack of Rain-X at Costco but I haven't seen it there lately. After reading this thread, I thought I better go out to Auto Zone and pick some up. They had it stacked deep by the case with 3 different varieties. $7.00 for any 2.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Our Walmart shelves are stocked with a couple different types.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought 3 gallons of RainX deicer in the last week. No problem here, but tomorrow I stock up. Thanks for the heads up!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just use windex. You can dilute it 50/50 with water.

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Washer fluid concentrate for the warmer months. Will freeze but for the warmer months, these are simple and inexpensive.

washer tablets

Like the second one better than the tablets but both work fine. Currently using the tablets because I have a bunch left.

washer concentrate.

Thanks had no idea, and we go thru a lot. Going to try the tabs,get delivered tomorrow.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No shortage around here, from what I've seen at a few different stores. It's just toilet paper and paper towels that getting hit hard (again).

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure what the OP meant in his post but I'm guessing he is saying there is a shortage on windshield wiper fluid? This is the first I've heard of this, is this somehow COVID related?

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
After having some -20*F rated fluid freeze on me while in northern Wisconsin one winter, I only use the -35*F rated in my vehicle. I've not seen any shortages in my area except the -35*F fluid.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
You can make your own in a bind with isopropyl alcohol, water and dishwashing soap.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Do you all have lovebugs up there in the frigid North?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You guys buy washer fluid? It really is cheap and easy to make.

Now BLINKER fluid...that's a tough one. Wink

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post