SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wahlburgers pickles….10/10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wahlburgers pickles….10/10 Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
I’m kind of a pickle junkie, I try every new brand I find
Prefer the fresh dill refrigerated type normally
Aldi had the Wahlburger (Wahlburg brothers) brand dill chips, these have become my all time favorite

Very strong, not too garlicky

Aldi didn’t have them last time, but a quick google search showed Walmart stocks them
We don’t shop at Walmart anymore, but made a stop just for these.

Definitely recommend trying these.
We dont a have HyVee locally , but here’s a link to see what they look like

https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-...ers-Fresh-Dill-Chips

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2919 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Those are what must have distracted Para in that other thread……… Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Personally like a good crisp dill pickle spear or a hamburger sliced dill or some old school homemade sweet bread and butter pickles... BUT have absolutely no use for a cucumber... In fact if having a salid at a resturant I make it known no cucumbers in salid and if it smells like someone picked out the cucumbers out before bringing to the table that I can guarante some body will be wearing the salid........ONly good use of a cucumber is for target practice at the range............. drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife laughs at me because I LOVE pickles of any sort but especially dill pickles. Each time I go out and get a burger or sandwich I order extra pickles on it and on the side.

There’s this stand at the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia run by Amish that has barrels of various pickles you can buy by the pint, they’re awesome. My favorites there are the little bright green “half sours”.

I’ll have to look for these Wahlburger brand, I’m all about adding another to the collection.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
ONly good use of a cucumber is for target practice at the range............. drill sgt.
Uhhhhhhh…not sure if you’re baiting us or not. I’m gonna walk away now…… Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I like cucumbers, love relish, but hate pickles. Pretty much detested most any pickled vegetables except those sweet pickle carrots in a Banh Mi sandwich.

Relish is sweet, while all the pickles I've tried tasting are all salty, sour, and gross.

I like them sweet. Find me a sweet pickle and perhaps I'll come around.

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Cucumbers on their own are very bland but put them in a tzatziki or a cucumber salad or something like that and they are delicious.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally like a good crisp dill pickle spear or a hamburger sliced dill or some old school homemade sweet bread and butter pickles... BUT have absolutely no use for a cucumber... In fact if having a salid at a resturant I make it known no cucumbers in salid and if it smells like someone picked out the cucumbers out before bringing to the table that I can guarante some body will be wearing the salid........ONly good use of a cucumber is for target practice at the range............. drill sgt.

Trim the green outside, slice them and place them in a solution of 3/4 Olive Oil and 1/4 Apple Cider Vinegar, cut up some hot yellow banana peppers and put them in with the slices and solution. Let it sit, stirring a couple of times a day for 3 days, then eat. They're great.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Cucumbers on their own are very bland but put them in a tzatziki or a cucumber salad or something like that and they are delicious.

Or in a cucumber sandwich?

“This creamy, crunchy cucumber sandwich recipe strikes a lovely balance between decadent and light. The cream cheese-yogurt spread complements the crisp refreshing cucumber while the hearty flavor and texture of the whole-wheat bread holds everything together. Removing the crusts makes it more delicate than your average sandwich…”

https://www.eatingwell.com/rec...1/cucumber-sandwich/

I’m a Claussen guy though:

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8980 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never had a Wahlburger pickle but at Publix,grocery store chain in SE, the Boars' Head sliced pickles are incredible. Now the prepackaged ones they have in the refrigerated section are ok but the ones I am talking about only come on the fresh subs at the deli. I always make sure they load them up on my sub as they are a thing of beauty.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Trim the green outside, slice them and place them in a solution of 3/4 Olive Oil and 1/4 Apple Cider Vinegar, cut up some hot yellow banana peppers and put them in with the slices and solution. Let it sit, stirring a couple of times a day for 3 days, then eat. They're great.

That sound great.
I may have to adapt banana peppers into my usual:
-3 cucumbers sliced (peeled or not, I peel)
-1/2 onion sliced into rings or 1/2 rings
-1 cup sugar (or less)
-1 tsp. salt, pepper, celery seed. +/-
-50/50 cider vinegar and water to cover.
Cover and store in fridge for several hours and eat over the next several days.

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Flash-LB:

That sound great.
I may have to adapt banana peppers into my usual:
-3 cucumbers sliced (peeled or not, I peel)
-1/2 onion sliced into rings or 1/2 rings
-1 cup sugar (or less)
-1 tsp. salt, pepper, celery seed. +/-
-50/50 cider vinegar and water to cover.
Cover and store in fridge for several hours and eat over the next several days.

This ^^^^^^^^ is how my momma made it when I was growing up. Haven't had any in years, but it sounds like I should fix some.

Posts: 6625 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
This ^^^^^^^^ is how my momma made it when I was growing up. Haven't had any in years, but it sounds like I should fix some.

My momma too. Now, I make it for her. Smile
She won't go for any hot peppers but I'm thinking I may have to split a batch for scientific purposes. Wink

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Ever had McClures? Curious how they compare.

Are these in a separate refrigerated section?

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I crazy? I only like the dill pickles, and like them HOT!

I usually can't find what I like, so I "make" my own. I buy two jars, one for the family, one labeled as Dad's or Hot! I add about a teaspoon of crushed red peppers to a jar. Wait at least one day, then they're ready to be eaten.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought a tankard of them recently... they are okay but not Claussin.... and I only like the Claussin whole dills....

The other problem with the Wahlburgers pickles is the lid is really hard to secure back on the plastic tub.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post