SIGforum
The Iran War

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9660088815

April 04, 2026, 10:36 AM
TMats
The Iran War
It’s interesting to me that these news reports continue to refer to “both pilots.” The pilot was picked up very quickly, the extended search was for the WSO.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
April 04, 2026, 10:44 AM
parabellum
The Iranians won't cooperate, of course. Just like the Democrats in this country, they will do anything but cooperate with President Trump. Of course, he knows this.
April 04, 2026, 11:06 AM
trapper189
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It’s interesting to me that these news reports continue to refer to “both pilots.” The pilot was picked up very quickly, the extended search was for the WSO.

Two different planes, an F15 and an A10, were shot down. Both pilots were rescued, but the search continues for the second crew member of the F15. The reality probably is the media doesn’t know the difference between crew roles in the F15, or assumes the public doesn’t know and refers to both crew members as pilots which they technically are.
April 04, 2026, 11:43 AM
AirmanJeff
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Whatever the case, your position on this matter is simply and completely wrong.


I respectfully disagree. But we are all Americans here and want the best for our country so I respect your take!

Now, we have to find the back seater of that 15 and try to get our guys out of this mess without too many more flag draped coffins unloaded from the back of a C-17. God bless them all. I retired when Uncle Sam took our A-10s and flew them to the boneyard so I am out of the fight, but would gladly go back if things get messier.
April 04, 2026, 12:18 PM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It’s interesting to me that these news reports continue to refer to “both pilots.” The pilot was picked up very quickly, the extended search was for the WSO.

Two different planes, an F15 and an A10, were shot down. Both pilots were rescued, but the search continues for the second crew member of the F15.

Yes, I know, the pilot of the A-10 punched out over the Persian Gulf and was picked up almost immediately. The pilot of the Strike Eagle was also quickly rescued. Reports on the WSO seem confused, I read that he has been rescued and that he has not. Most reliable reports seem to say he is still missing.

I’ll add, when I referred to “both pilots,” it was strictly in the context of the F-15E.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
April 04, 2026, 12:52 PM
ryan81986
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Iranians won't cooperate, of course. Just like the Democrats in this country, they will do anything but cooperate with President Trump. Of course, he knows this.


Agreed. The 48hrs is for the USA to plan for when Iran unsurprisingly doesn't cooperate.




April 04, 2026, 03:35 PM
corsair
https://x.com/sentdefender/sta...-an-american-fighter


April 04, 2026, 09:14 PM
parabellum
https://x.com/mcucolo57/status/2040484623516368928


April 04, 2026, 10:59 PM
corsair
Got'em back!

Unconfirmed info that villagers helped shelter the airman. There was a trickle of info earlier this AM of a large movement of forces and a firefight between US and IRGC/Basij forces but couldn't verify sources

https://x.com/JackMurphyRGR/st.../2040563822784647473



https://x.com/JenGriffinFNC/st...637421373505989?s=20


April 04, 2026, 11:19 PM
bcereuss
Daily mail piece


A second US airman shot down over Iran has been rescued in a daring mission after a fierce firefight with the IRGC, reports say.

The airman was saved and all members of the search team safely made it out of Iran, according to Fox News' Chief National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin.

Griffin said in an X post the crew member used SERE - survival, evasion, resistance and escape - training to evade capture for two days.

The F-15E weapons system officer ejected from the aircraft on Friday night along with the pilot over enemy lines when their aircraft was shot down, leading to two days of intense searches for the airmen as Iran placed a large bounty on their heads.

The pilot's F-15E jet was downed on Friday soon after a US A-10 Warthog was also shot down by Iranian forces in a chaotic day of fighting, marking the first US aircraft downed since the start of the conflict.

Details over the battle for the pilot on Saturday evening are scarce, with reports saying intense fighting took place in the city of Dehdasht - where the aircraft was downed two days ago.

A number of fatalities were reported as footage circulating social media showed explosions filling the skies over the Iranian airspace.

It came as President Trump said on Truth Social that US forces had 'terminated' several of Iran's military leaders, sharing footage appearing to show an airstrike taking out top IRGC commanders.

April 04, 2026, 11:35 PM
Ogie
^^^^^

I saw that too. Excellent news!!!!
April 05, 2026, 01:26 AM
wishfull thinker
Way to go Fly-Boy. Congratulations for your success. Now do something nice for your Mom, she had a tough week.


_______________________

April 05, 2026, 02:59 AM
sigmonkey
^^^
He gets it.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
April 05, 2026, 03:23 AM
ibanda
I'm grateful to hear the pilots are safe. I have a cousin that is Air Force Pararescue and my stress level goes up when someone is missing.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
April 05, 2026, 04:42 AM
Carpentermaass84
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
I'm grateful to hear the pilots are safe. I have a cousin that is Air Force Pararescue and my stress level goes up when someone is missing.


Two c130s, an a10, two helicopters.... a substantial but necessary price to pay to recover a pilot. Biden would have abandoned him the moment an Iranian lit a match nearby.
April 05, 2026, 05:11 AM
sourdough44
I imagine they mowed down anyone in the way, holding or looking for the downed airman.

It’s great they got him, going on as long as it did.
April 05, 2026, 05:42 AM
trapper189
Fantastic news!
April 05, 2026, 06:20 AM
Ronin101
It was welcome news when I woke up.. been praying for him!!
April 05, 2026, 07:00 AM
oddball
Awesome news to wake up to.



"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
April 05, 2026, 07:18 AM
chbibc
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Awesome news to wake up to.


Oh yeah!


-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.