SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thoughts on this extreme home renovation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on this extreme home renovation Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
In all honesty, with this many questions already, it might be worth moving on from. Because I'm guessing you'll never get 100% peace of mind on the work that was done.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like a creek runs down the left side of the house. Does it flood??

I would be worried about rotted wood and the overall insulation properties of the house.

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Not sure on the house, but just north of there sits a place called "Kandy's Adult Playground" were a good time can be had by all.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Interesting design.

But the landscape/landscaping has changed so much by the pictures.

Winter vs spring/summer pictures?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14149 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Does the contractor have good references on other homes he has built or worked on? Have an inspector check the home. You will know if it is up to code, foundation has issues and if the attic is full of mold. Plumbing should be checked. An old trick that I used was turn on every faucet in the house including the outdoors and then go flush a toilet. It will tell you about your water pressure when the maximum flow of water is being used.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post