SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody buy/own a Sealy 'Ashton' Mattress from Costco?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody buy/own a Sealy 'Ashton' Mattress from Costco? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
My wife's back issues have really flaired up of late and we think our mattress is at least partially to blame. We aren't married to this particular one, just were looking at mattresses at Costco while we were there tonight. This one is $100 off currently and felt about right with a cursory 'lay down'. Is there any wisdom on this one from out there in the forum collective?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried it in the store and found it to be too soft for my liking. Also the Sealy's compress A LOT if you sit right at the edge of the mattress.

Personally I went with a Serta Hybrid (innerspring, then gel, then memory foam) from sears and cannot be happier with it.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I tried it in the store and found it to be too soft for my liking. Also the Sealy's compress A LOT if you sit right at the edge of the mattress.

Personally I went with a Serta Hybrid (innerspring, then gel, then memory foam) from sears and cannot be happier with it.
I generally have chosen the firmest I could find myself. I got used to sleeping on softer stuff. I think I saw what you meant about the edge compressing. Even so, this one will likely hold us for now since cost is an issue currently.

I believe the pillow top of our current Serta got weak and made an indention. I switched sides with her when her back screwed up. After sleeping two nights on it, it seemed to be screwing up my back so I think that mattress needs to go.

Her back is still giving problems, probably because today I figured out she had completely stopped taking the once a day pain med, which was an NSAID. This was to act an an anti-inflammatory as well and I don't think she understood that it was anti inflammatory. We got her back on that today and hopefully she can regain some lost improvement. I firmly believe a new mattress will contribute greatly to her general well being, and probably mine too.

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post