SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Euro 2020 Championship game today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Euro 2020 Championship game today. Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
England vs Italy.

I’m rooting for England.

They have not won a major trophy since 66.

Plus they speak English Smile

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, with Novak Djokovic having just beaten the otherwise excellent Italian player, at least one part of the Italian sporting scene has seen a major downturn.

Mrs tac, who is half-English, was rooting for the Serbian and will, naturally, be similarly rooting for the home team tonight.

As I always do, where football is concerned, I might look on with my usual bemused expression, wondering why the necessity of shipping in almost a thousand extra police officers to 'manage the fans' is just par for the course.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
As I always do, where football is concerned, I might look on with my usual bemused expression, wondering why the necessity of shipping in almost a thousand extra police officers to 'manage the fans' is just par for the course.

That's my wife's major issue with the sport. I think otherwise she'd probably be a fan. I enjoy football (*), but I don't watch it often. Same with golf--which I actually play.

Other than a brief infatuation with NHL hockey a number of years ago, and some of the Winter Olympics, I've never been much for watching sports on TV.

(*) By "football" I mean what Americans call "soccer," as opposed to throwing eggball Wink, which doesn't really involve much foot/ball contact

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I’m disappointed that it won’t be shown on ABC. I’d rather watch this match live than a rebroadcast of Wimbledon men’s final.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I am watching and hope Italy wins.

England fans are assholes.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a crazy amount of pressure on a 19-year old...

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow

game was kinda 'meh' but the PK drama was off the chart.

would like to have seen Harry Kane get the trophy. those PK shooters from England need to skip the 'cutesy / fancy' stuff and just bury the ball.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
England lost it long before the pk. They played more defensive than anything and Italy dominated possession. I would have thought more red cards would have given instead of the yellows.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
England didn't come out to win it in the second half. They were playing not to lose...

PK's are great when you win and suck when you lose.

Congratulations to Italy.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
England has literally sucked since the Churchill era. I mean sucked at everything. Like down the shitter sucked. They deserve everything they get. I have no sympathy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
England played most of the game with 3 center backs, 2 full backs, and twin defensive minds. 7 defensive biased players left Sterling and Kane way too isolated. Needed Grealish and Sancho (since Foden was injured) much sooner.

Italy totally deserved the win, congrats to the Azzurri!

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was rooting for UK, but Italy deserved the win. The only UK player I feel badly for is their keeper, who was outstanding.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
With the number of games that were settled by PK's, why not just have everyone show up at the center circle next year and get it over with? Ditch the 90" plus the two extra time periods and go directly to kicks.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I am watching and hope Italy wins.

England fans are assholes.

Well, Sir, your wish came true.

I assume that now makes you very happy.

And just for the record, my wife is NOT an asshole.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
England has literally sucked since the Churchill era. I mean sucked at everything. Like down the shitter sucked. They deserve everything they get. I have no sympathy.

I get the feeling that you think that England sucked? Or is it just my overworked imagination?

Good to know that you have such a supportive opinion of the best friend that The USA has ever had.

Well, since 1812, that is.

non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

England with a fluke goal but that is the way the game goes. The best team won and with 2 more wins will set the international record of 36 consecutive games without defeat.

Donnarumma, the Italian goalie has been outstanding and should get the credit for the win with 2 consecutive pk saves.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post