SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite versions of our national anthem for the 4th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite versions of our national anthem for the 4th Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted
Here's two of my favorites, feel free to post yours!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Whitney Houston's performance at Super Bowl XXV 1991 is probably my favorite.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

My first thought too.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding tigereye, Thank you!!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I don't have the skill to post a video, but the Hendrix guitar version is my favorite performance of the anthem.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

Hands down my favorite rendition as well.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whitney Houston's performance at Super Bowl XXV 1991.

What I hear in my mind when I think about the National Anthem.,

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Whitney had the voice of an angel. Too bad she was gone so soon.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Leann Rimes, acapella is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBd5PL3ZsRc

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

LeAnn Rimes, with her exceptional voice has constantly performed the National Anthem with respect.

This is her at around 14 or 15 years old singing at MLB's 1997 All Star Game:

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=_77xNhyij9k

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post

She was "cancelled" by the NFL due to vaccine status and made a minor news blip last year. I thought it was a rather nice rendering.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/d9l4LMZeNm0

https://youtu.be/c8C7i9kdEf8

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Chicago Stadium, January 19, 1991, NHL All-Star Game, three days after President George H. W. Bush announced the attacks that began the Persian Gulf war.

The Star-Spangled Banner starts at the 3:30 mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6-zACeQ3Mg

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The anthem is about America, not the singer. It should be performed with dignity, as written, to a certain tempo, and without superfluous vocalizations or frills. IMO.

My favorite rendition is by the Academy choirs at Super Bowl XXXIV. I could do without the US Army Herald Trumpets, they kind of take away from the singers. But the choirs have it right, as it is supposed to be sung.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Chicago Stadium, January 19, 1991, NHL All-Star Game, three days after President George H. W. Bush announced the attacks that began the Persian Gulf war.

The Star-Spangled Banner starts at the 3:30 mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6-zACeQ3Mg

As good as that video is, it still doesn't show the level of intensity or how loud it would get when Wayne sang. You could stand there and shout into the ear of the guy standing next to you and he couldn't hear you. Brings back memories of what Chicago was like before the Communists took it over.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Would have never guessed it but Meat Loaf nails it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leann Rimes is my favorite

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wxl,

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Here's two of my favorites, feel free to post yours!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y49Omj1onuI" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

never saw that first one before, sensational

Posts: 2762 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post