SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    South Storms today..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Storms today.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Was hearing last evening on 700 WLW some heavy, dangerous storms for today, through Georgia to Florida. Rains, hail and tornados possible. ATL is in the path. Everybody be safe.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Parts of the western Carolinas are expecting the same today. Some of our school districts are closing early, others are waiting to see what happens--it's guaranteed to be a mess.

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Whole lotta rain, little else...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We had hail, lightning, heavy rain yesterday, we need the rain, fire warnings are high in CFL.

I'd take the rain, tornado's, not so much

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also caused a mess with the airlines. Just got home from spending 9 hours in the Jacksonville airport trying to get out for business!! Ultimately gave up all hope. Weather wasn't even bad here, but caused havoc in Atlanta and the southeast. Hope everyone stayed safe, and hopefully just an inconvenience.

Posts: 215 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the south.

Where I grew up weather was that thing you used to decide how to dress. Here we have air raid sirens and I feel the need to literally dig a bunker. I have been here for about 18 years and this shit gets old.

I miss a good blizzard. I had family bitching about having snow on the ground. I asked if they would prefer having a tree launched at them at 140mph or having a trailer picked up and fired at them. Suddenly a late winter is what it is ..... a minor inconvenience.

Don't mind me the storms accerbate my allergies here so double whammy all the time and I am pissy. Ma Nature and I have a bit of a strained relationship if you will and frankly I am tired of her kicking me in the taint daily. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it delayed my flight out of Atlanta this morning for almost two hours due to a ground stop. Dangerous lightning.

But I eventually made it home safe and sound. Some pretty decent chop flying out of there though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DitchDoctor911:
Also caused a mess with the airlines. Just got home from spending 9 hours in the Jacksonville airport trying to get out for business!! Ultimately gave up all hope. Weather wasn't even bad here, but caused havoc in Atlanta and the southeast. Hope everyone stayed safe, and hopefully just an inconvenience.

I flew out of Fort Myers on 4/4. They were asking if anyone would be willing to cancel their flight as they overbooked. They were willing to give you 2 round trip tickets anywhere they flew, and pay for your motel. I thought about it, looked at the weather for 4/5 and decided to get out while I could.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4033 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:

I flew out of Fort Myers on 4/4. They were asking if anyone would be willing to cancel their flight as they overbooked. They were willing to give you 2 round trip tickets anywhere they flew, and pay for your motel. I thought about it, looked at the weather for 4/5 and decided to get out while I could.

Damn. If I didn't have to get out that day, I would have been happy to ride it out for free tickets and lodging for the night. When is the last time a tornado rolled through Ft. Myers?

We're just getting heavy (sort of) rain and a passing thundercloud way up here in the mid-Atlantic... all day.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Central VA today. It is pissing rain, Already had lightning arch sideways across our yard through our trees. Damn loud.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:

Damn. If I didn't have to get out that day, I would have been happy to ride it out for free tickets and lodging for the night. When is the last time a tornado rolled through Ft. Myers?

We're just getting heavy (sort of) rain and a passing thundercloud way up here in the mid-Atlantic... all day.

-Rob

We had one hit our neighborhood in Cape Coral in 2016. It tore the roofs off of houses and flipped a few parked cars and boats. We lost part of out lenai.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the storms will die down and pass on through Central VA. I have an interview tomorrow morning in Greenville, SC but if it keeps this up I will just tell the agency to reschedule.

I don't mind driving in the rain, but I have worked way too many accidents in this region over the years because of others driving habits when five rain drops hit the windshield

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
When is the last time a tornado rolled through Ft. Myers?

The first and only tornado I have seen was heading towards RSW just after I had dropped off my parents at the then new terminal. Granted, our tornados tend to be small. We get them from time to time. There was one that touched down a half mile from my kids' school earlier this year.

Posts: 11612 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Lot of rain and windy here but no hail and never lost power. I live between Blue Ridge and Blairsville.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
[QUOTE]When is the last time a tornado rolled through Ft. Myers?

I wasn't concerned about a tornado, I was concerned that the airlines would cancel flights going through that area. Thunderstorms cancel a lot of flights. If flights were cancelled that day, that would have meant that I was waiting 2 days longer to fly home.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4033 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
We had severe thunderstorm and tornado watches all morning but luckily it went around us. I just got my new SUV back on Friday from the last hail storm damage so it stayed in the garage and the wife drove my old pickup for her errands.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1899 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Man, hail sux. I been watching geese having a time of it getting off the ground. The wind gusts are very stout.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
We had real heavy rain, lots of thunder and lightening, and pea sized hail but it didn't last long. Since we had a tornado already this year in our neighborhood, we were glad it didn't amount to much in comparison.

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post