SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Anniversary to ME! - Karma ***V-Tail report to the winner’s circle!***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Anniversary to ME! - Karma ***V-Tail report to the winner’s circle!*** Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
17 years ago today I found this rag tag group. Using DSL, Windows XP, and a AMD Athlon based computer with probably a 320Gb HD and 2Gb RAM.

Today, 1 Gig cable internet, Apple MacBook Pro, 1TB SSD, 16Gb RAM. Oh, how times have changed!

The one thing that has been consistent is the awesomeness of this Forum, Para, and all the folks who have been so helpful to their "imaginary friends" over the years.

For the Karma, I don't know what it will be yet - either a flashlight or a pocket knife, I have too many of both. I'll figure it out in a day or so and update with info and a pic.

Rules...

Need to have been here 10 years or more with a "substantial" number of posts. No minimum number, but I would say 4 digits maybe? I want this one to be for active, longtime folks.

Tell me one thing you have learned from SF or how it h as improved your life.

Winner drawn on Monday!

**UPDATE**

My random number generator said post #28 and that was V-Tail.

I still haven’t dug out what I am giving away - what is your preference - pocket knife or flashlight?

Thanks to all for playing!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10946 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your 17th SF anniversary.

I learn new things here all the time. E.g.: Just the other day I learned the newest generation of credit cards were "smarter" that I thought they were. Guess knowing that makes my life better by relieving the anxiety of using them with POS terminals.

Whatever the karma, I'd like to throw my name in the hat with my thanks for the opportunity.

(I believe this is my first first entry.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Count me in
The invisible friends here, so much learned.
Waste Kang!
You will buy a Glock [I still haven't]
I've learned a lot more on political subjects since I've been on here.

You're missed on the bike, not many to compete against 'live' from here.

More than anything, though, the hesitation-free generosity of the folks here, to complete strangers usually, is truly amazing. From something simple like a small karma, to the truly life saving/altering deeds we've seen.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15354 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Believe I count. Count me in

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Its possible to not expect everybody agree with _my_ opinion.

And Happy Anniversary to YOU.

Count me in please.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
A mystery krama!
Sounds interesting.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary!

I’ve learned countess things from this place, and the people here. I’ve seen so much generosity among this group. I guess the most important thing I’ve learned is….
Help someone when you can.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
… Need to have been here 10 years or more with a "substantial" number of posts. No minimum number, but I would say 4 digits maybe? I want this one to be for active, longtime folks. …
High profile members only. Big Grin

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary indeed!
This group certainly is one that gives us all a place to interact with like minded people…even if we are all invisible friends….and certainly gives me hope that there truly is sanity left in this world! This place keeps me sane!
Count me in for the mystery karma

Posts: 3120 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary and many more to follow!

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Your cut always makes me smile when I notice it.

I'v learned a lot here but One thing that has had an impact in every part of my life was to question what I think I know. (Thanks Jallen)

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
… Need to have been here 10 years or more with a "substantial" number of posts. No minimum number, but I would say 4 digits maybe? I want this one to be for active, longtime folks. …

Section 7, subsection 4c of the revised waiver: High profile members & karma eligibility, and how to always beat the peasants at winning karmas.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15354 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I've learned that you're one mouse-click away from finding a friend for life!

Posts: 1989 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you!

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you. I have learned that their are still a lot of good people around, and many of them are found here.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

Section 7, subsection 4c of the revised waiver: High profile members & karma eligibility, and how to always beat the peasants at winning karmas.

Hahaha. Big Grin

Happy anniversary, 911Boss!

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Don’t include me in the karma, but thanks for being part of a great community for many, many years.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I’m my time here, I’ve come to appreciate the factual information I see here as opposed to narrative-speak from the msm. It takes a good bit of effort for members to sift through the internet chaff and glean out truth and it is appreciated.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15607 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I'm eligible. Joined a few months after you did.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
February 17th, your 17th Anniversary here and my 76th birthday. I'm in for the karma and if it is something I won't use, I'll reKarma it.

I have learned to temper my sarcasm. I have also learned that I enjoy being a part of a like-minded community.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post