SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Middle East travel worries (flying in and out of Dubai)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Middle East travel worries (flying in and out of Dubai) Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
The Dubai airport is pretty awesome! I flew through there on my way to Germany for our honeymoon a few years ago. It was a little unsettling with so many muslims but I had never been to the middle east before. Everyone was pretty friendly and we had a 4 hour layover.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I booked 5 tickets on Emirates tonight.
Bangkok for 10 days at the end of May.

Thanks for all your help!

Posts: 4687 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
First, Emirates is the best airline you will ever fly. Period. Second, I have flown through Dubai many times. Easy peasy and man I wish I could have spent some time there. Unfortunately I just had connectors. Customs is easy for Americans I believe you get a 90 day stamp no visa required (although I came from Kuwait with a flak and kevlar in my seabag once and yes, they asked me where I was going. Thankfully I was going to AFG (oh awesome) so they let me go).

The airport is beautiful. I spent 24 hours there once. Not a bad place at all.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
armored well done. Let us know how the trip goes and how your Emirates experience was. One thing I like about them is they have no bullshit PAs. Whatever is the min required, and then a little more to let you know how many languages the FAs speak. Usually it is around 14. Enjoy!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post