SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nikki Haley txt’s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikki Haley txt’s Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I’m getting texts from her campaign the last couple days and I don’t know how I got on that list.

Not happy about it.

Anybody else getting these?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PR64,

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3497 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I get them too, they get auto-deleted.

Posts: 22952 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've been getting lots of political texts; not just hers. I delete and declare junk, but they keep coming. Very persistent!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten two. I know these are automated robomatron texts but for cathartic fun I answered, “we’re voting for Trump” and “are you retarded? I said we’re voting for Trump!” Haven’t received a third text message.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just text back STOP. And also add that you will not vote for spammers. How politicians allow their "marketers" to do such dumb things is beyond me.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I’m getting texts from her campaign the last couple days and I don’t know how I got on that list.

Not happy about it.

Anybody else getting these?

I'm getting these.

no idea how they got my number. BLOCKED. But then they texted again from another number so no point.

assholes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten a few from several candidates. Replying STOP works great every time.

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I get those texts. I delete them and block their numbers. Every time. What else can you do, not a whole lot. Sadly

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds like something Richard Nixon or Roger Stone would do.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Yup. Not just hers

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's insane. I use the STOP business but it doesn't always work. I also get some from a state where I haven't lived in over 50 years. I mean WTFO?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16258 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Any political texts or emails, Republican or Democrat, get blocked and deleted pronto. They're all scams, as far as I'm concerned.

Q

Posts: 26507 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggested earlier that the sending of texts could be from an opponent. Look up Roger Stone. I know of no one who wants these texts. I can see someone in the Christie campaign pulling this shit. Remember the crap he pulled in Jersey with closing the bridge?
So far I have not received any texts. Crossed fingers.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I've gotten a couple of texts. I imagine her campaign bought a mailing/phone number list from the GOP.

I just block the number and delete the texts.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I have gotten quite a few of these recently (not just from Haley), and have tried replying STOP each time. The frequency of the texts increased!

Thankfully I haven't had any in several weeks now...

Posts: 4611 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I have gotten quite a few of these recently (not just from Haley), and have tried replying STOP each time. The frequency of the texts increased!

Don't respond. It just lets them know they've reached an active number. Just delete and block.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
It's insane. I use the STOP business but it doesn't always work. I also get some from a state where I haven't lived in over 50 years. I mean WTFO?

You should check the voter rolls there to make sure you are not listed there.

After I moved from WilTson I sent a letter and copy of my TX DL to the county registrar and to the state level to prevent shenanigans. Once I was removed from the rolls I quit getting their calls and mailings

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never received a text ever from any candidate or political party that I can recall. I suspect the reason many of you are getting them is because at some point you opted in to receive texts from some political entity and they have sold/shared their contact list. I do get a bunch of spam emails from my state Republican Party, but I'm pretty that's because I opted in years ago to receive emails from my Congressman.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I've gotten several and each time, I don't even read what it says. I immediately go to the Info for the phone number from which it came and Block the number. Then I delete the text and report it as SPAM.

Screw her pandering, duplicitous South Carolina State Flag lowering ass!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I have never received a text ever from any candidate or political party that I can recall. I suspect the reason many of you are getting them is because at some point you opted in to receive texts from some political entity and they have sold/shared their contact list.

Back in the day, I donated to the Romney presidential campaign. I had to provide my phone number when I did so. That's when the text messages started. It was only a few per year for several years.

As much as I admire Trump, the deluge started with his two runs for office. I got dozens "from" Trump, Trump Jr., and other Trump supporters. I still get them, and now I'm getting them from Haley.