SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein submits resignation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein submits resignation Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
AMF

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
all these deep state hacks will all of a sudden be vacationing in a non extradition country pretty soon if Barr doesn't act soon

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Rod signed one of those FISA applications, so his wormy ass might be in some deep shit. That said, I hope he cut a deal and sings like a bird.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well huh? I thought he already did that?

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Well huh? I thought he already did that?

Barr asked him to stay on until Russia collusion hoax was over with.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well, at least he's falling on his sword unlike a lot of the principles in the coup attempt. He may turn out to be a great witness in the upcoming investigations.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Well, at least he's falling on his sword unlike a lot of the principles in the coup attempt. He may turn out to be a great witness in the upcoming investigations.

Jim

This scumbag isn’t going to fall on shit.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
For now, I'm withholding any direct negative comments against Rosenstein. For now...

I'm waiting to see how the next few weeks and months play out.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, hoping with cautious optimism that the slow, but steady wheels of justice will turn.

Since the left has pretty much ruined the phrase, "The walls are closing in", I'll just say, "The vertical planer surfaces are converging." Big Grin

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
For now, I'm withholding any direct negative comments against Rosenstein. For now...

I'm waiting to see how the next few weeks and months play out.

This is where I'm at. Ask me a year from now how I truly feel about him.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rosenstein's departure date is 11 May 2019.

I think Rosenstein made some very bad choices, but consider the time line.

Mar 2017 Sessions recuses

26 Apr 2017 Rosenstein becomes DAG

2 weeks later, 9 May 2017 Comey is fired

10 May 2017 McCabe opens up a counterintel investigation into President Trump, and an obstruction of justice investigation against President Trump

3 weeks into the DAG position, Rosenstein appoints Mueller as SC on 17 May 2017.

Perhaps in the kindest view, Rosenstein was weak and panicked. He couldn't consult w Sessions. McCabe was on a vendetta to bring down Donald Trump.

Once Mueller was appointed, I expect he dominated Rosenstein.

Rosenstein let Mueller drag things on and on.

Things might have been significantly different if the Deputy FBI Director had been someone reasonable (and not like McCabe)

When Rosenstein testified to congress, he said the FISA warrant he signed was significantly different than what was being publicly reported.

He walked into a shit storm for sure.

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Riddance to another POS! Now, more of these fakes have to take a hike!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I want to hate on the guy, but am holding out hope he's the one swamp creature who will sing like a canary to get a deal and his testimony will be invaluable. If so, then I'm fine with his getting immunity, keeping his pension and remaining free and comfortable. It would be a small price to pay for what he could help us get rid of.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't find much to like about him but I am willing to wait and see how this plays out.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5045 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
I'm betting he was allowed to resign because he is rolling over. He gets to leave with some dignity if not any integrity. Barr has prosecutable cases just based on the Woods Procedure FISA warrant lies that the Dossier was verified when they knew it couldn't be.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Because Rosenstein wrote this in his resignation letter to President Trump,

CNN is now asking if Rosenstein is a "double agent".

https://thehill.com/homenews/m...-a-double-agent-type

Rosenstein appeared to take a jab at the media’s coverage of the Mueller probe in his resignation letter, stating that his agency enforces the law "without fear or favor" while ignoring "fleeting distractions" because "a republic that endures is not governed by the news cycle."

“I’ve been wanting to ask you this. There have been reports about him, right," Lemon asked Cuomo. "Do you think [Rosenstein is] a double agent type?”

Cuomo responded by describing the outgoing official as an “enigma.”

“I don’t know what to make of him. I say enigma. I don’t get it," Cuomo said. "They brought him to be an ax on [former FBI director James] Comey, then he picks Mueller, [saying] you needed an outside source to process this because the president’s actions were so shady.

“Then he winds up taking the decision from Mueller and winds up in this letter talking about the news isn’t what matters. It’s, you know, our job.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CNN: "The most trusted name in news" Smile

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
holding out hope he's the one swamp creature who will sing like a canary to get a deal

quote:
I'm betting he was allowed to resign because he is rolling over.

quote:
CNN is now asking if Rosenstein is a "double agent".

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Trump is way ahead of you guys and this was all figured out right about the time Rosenstein submitted his memo to Trump suggesting that Comey should be fired.

Trump knew what Rosenstein was involved with, and he was given the choice to play or pay. He played.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...uty-attorney-general

Comey’s turn as an above-it-all martyr draws intense criticism from former deputy AG

Don't look now, but former deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and former FBI Director James Comey are in a shouting war.

If I were to pick a side, it would be Rosenstein's. He is not the aggressor. He is also not wrong.

At a gathering of the Greater Baltimore Committee Monday evening, the former deputy attorney general, at last unburdened by office, fired back at the White House critic, claiming the fired FBI chief is a hack posturing as an above-it-all martyr to score lucrative gigs on the anti-Trump resistance circuit.

"[T]he former director is a partisan pundit, selling books and earning speaking fees while speculating about the strength of my character and the fate of my immortal soul," said Rosenstein, who announced his resignation in April as deputy attorney general. "That is disappointing. Speculating about souls is not a job for police and prosecutors. Generally, we base our opinions on eyewitness testimony."

His remarks are in reference specifically to a New York Times op-ed Comey authored titled, “How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr.” The former FBI director writes that “proximity to an amoral leader reveals something depressing. I think that’s at least part of what we’ve seen with Bill Barr and Rod Rosenstein.”

Comey adds, “Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive Mr. Trump and that adds up to something they will never recover from. It takes character like Mr. Mattis’s to avoid the damage, because Mr. Trump eats your soul in small bites.”

This sort of thing is par for the course for Comey. Since he was sacked from the FBI in 2017, he has refashioned himself as a supposedly principles-driven anti-Trump critic. Never mind that whereas the Left was burning Comey in effigy 2016 for making Trump president, he has suddenly gained widespread acceptance and friendship by taking this path. Also, never mind that Comey’s constant running of his mouth has also landed him well-paying speaking gigs and a memoir book deal that netted him more than $2 million.

I would rather a former Justice Department bigwig not spar publicly with the former head of the FBI. But I also do not fault Rosenstein. This has been a long time coming for Comey, whose sniping from the sidelines has made it harder for people like Rosenstein to do their jobs.

[Read: James Comey reacts to Rod Rosenstein calling him a 'partisan pundit': 'I wish him the best']

On Monday, Rosenstein said he "did not dislike" Comey in the past. In fact, he added, he “admired” him! But that started to change around the time Comey announced there would be no charges brought against Hillary Clinton for maintaining an unauthorized homebrew email server when she was secretary of state, Rosenstein said, characterizing the ex-FBI chief’s handling of the investigation as a career-defining mistake.

"The clearest mistake was the director’s decision to hold a press conference about an open case, reveal his recommendation, and discuss details about the investigation without the consent of the prosecutors and the attorney general," Rosenstein told the Greater Baltimore Committee. "Then, he chose to send a letter to the Congress on the eve of the election stating that one of the candidates was under criminal investigation, expecting it to be released immediately to the public."

It is worth noting here that the FBI was instructed explicitly by former Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s Justice Department not to charge Clinton with "gross negligence,” which was the FBI’s chief charge, according to congressional testimony provided by a former bureau attorney. Obviously that reflects poorly on the Obama administration, but it also implies new levels of snake-like behavior on Comey's part. Was he attempting to go over Lynch's head in a passive-aggressive fashion when he gave his infamous presser, clearly demonstrating Clinton's guilt and then abruptly changing gears to announce she would not be prosecuted?

Rosenstein continued Monday, saying, "My soul and character are pretty much the same today as they were two years ago. I took a few hits and made some enemies during my time in the arena, but I held my ground and made a lot of friends. And thanks to them, I think I made the right calls on the things that mattered.”

It is not ideal for the country to see such a public spat between former heads of agencies that trade on trust and credibility. But Rosenstein has a right to respond — and show me the lie in what he said.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post