SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Giza Cotton sheets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giza Cotton sheets Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tried the Giza Cotton sheets from the My Pillow company?
We are somewhat particular about sheets. Really want a higher thread count, fairly heavy 100% cotton set. Not a fan of the Sateen finish that seems to be about as popular as IPA'S in the microbrewery industry.

Posts: 1973 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If your a Costco member, these are really nice and heavy duty sheets at a great price.

https://www.costco.com/kirklan...oduct.100511905.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought some on the 2 for one deal. They seem well made and fit pretty well on my King with deep Mattress with a topper. They are quite smooth and I sweat in them. I think the high thread count doesn't allow for good breathing of the fabric. Just my opinion but for me I wouldn't buy them again.
The more I see of the "My Whatever" the less I am impressed with it. Mike seems to be somewhat of a huckster even if his politics are not too bad. I personally feel if he can do 2 for one after selling items for several years he has been giving previous customers the shaft. Just my opinion.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2896 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One that we have bought are from Costco. While fairly heavy and seemingly pretty good quality the ones we received were the "sateen" finish.
Did you intend a link? I could check it against what we ordered.
Thanks

Posts: 1973 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
If the Giza sheets are still available you’ll likely be happy with them. We have 2 sets that are just as nice as they were when we got them 3+ years ago. He’s currently hawking “Percal” sheets. That used to indicate a higher thread count. I would assume based off a couple of other things we’ve bought from him that these would be just as good as the Giza sheets. Not slick just a feeling of quality.

Oh! And there on sale.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Funny timing. I ordered some of the Giza sheets Sunday.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I ordered two sets when he had the 2 for one sale last year. Best dang sheets I’ve ever had, but keep in mind that sheets are one of those very personal items. What feels great for me may not be so great for you. Flat sheets are actually wide enough that you can tuck them in. Something I can’t recall seeing since before the internet and the pillow cases are a little over sized, which is good if you are tired of getting pillow cases that are difficult to cram a pillow into. I would definitely buy them again.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started an order and got far enough in to get more information. Guess what "finish" they come in? Sateen.
Guess we will be going with something in Sateen whether we like it or not.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I am really picky about sheets. Like incredibly picky.

I tried the my pillow Giza. Not a fan. I would consider them a very close cousin, or even sister to sateen. They aren’t stiff enough. It’s easy to get tangled up in them and they seem to stick to your body. They seem no different than most of the new sateen or bamboo, or “flavor of the day” sheets that are being hocked everywhere.

Lauren by Ralph Lauren, are hands down the best sheets I have ever had. The thread count isn’t ridiculously high, but they are stiff. These are very stiff cotton sheets. No sweating. No tangling. They aren’t slippery and they don’t stick to your skin. Nothing else is in the same ballpark. Hell, not even in the same league. They’re expensive, but by far, no comparison to anything else. Try a set from Amazon. If you don’t like them, return them.

https://www.amazon.com/Lauren-...86-bf32-63e904010ad0

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had the geeza sheets for a month now. They are a bit slick but to us very comfortable. We liked them enough to order the percale but they arrived yesterday so don’t know about them yet but they seem to be a bit heavier than the geeza. Couldn’t stand the my pillow pillow though.

Posts: 385 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I love them and am picky as hell about sheets. I have used them for about 6 months in south florida. I find they sleep cool and I will be ordering another set soon

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5136 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
One that we have bought are from Costco. While fairly heavy and seemingly pretty good quality the ones we received were the "sateen" finish.
Thanks

Sorry, I did intend a link and have updated it in my OP above and here too.

I don't think these are the "sateen" but see if they are what you ordered or another type.
We've been very happy with ours and they've been through several washings with no sign yet that they won't wear well.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Thanks

ETA:Those are the set we got from Costco. We are going to give them a try.

Sorry, I did intend a link and have updated it in my OP above and here too.

I don't think these are the "sateen" but see if they are what you ordered or another type.
We've been very happy with ours and they've been through several washings with no sign yet that they won't wear well.

Thanks

Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Bamboo. Incredible sheets summer and winter.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2243 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’ve become a big fan of 100% flax linen sheets and pillowcases.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
We have used the Giza sheets for about a year and really like them.
Just received a new order a few weeks ago.

Bad part, as I remember, my Wife informed me that they were made in India.

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Man, curiosity really does kill the cat.

Until today, I only knew flannel sheets for winter, cotton sheets for summer. That's it. Simple mind, simple life.

I don't think I'm ready for a whole new world of sheets. You guys have opened a new pandora's box for me. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Bamboo. Incredible sheets summer and winter.

I hope people realize that the bamboo is simply an input used to make a Lycra like polyester. They are plastic sheets folks. Doesn’t mean you can’t like them. But you should at least know what it is. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Until today, I only knew flannel sheets for winter, cotton sheets for summer. That's it. Simple mind, simple life.

I'm even simpler. I sleep on flannel sheets year 'round. I like soft and comfy.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any experience with Feather & Stitch 500 thread count Cotton Sheet Sets?

https://www.featherstitchny.com/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/f...nen/?sh=5672df555b95

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post