SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the best way to cook pork breakfast sausage links?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best way to cook pork breakfast sausage links? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Can anyone make a recommendation for the good ones?

I have yet to find any brand that I like.
<snip>

I don’t know about “brands”, but try some from the meat counter of your grocery stores. Or, better yet, your butcher shop.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
<snip>
I’ve taken to eating sausages and hot dogs wrapped in tortillas.

I like that idea.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Johnsonville recommends its cooker for its sausages https://www.walmart.com/ip/Siz...ble-Plates/463824341

This one does 2 sizes of links.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Seems quite a few posting to this thread are confusing breakfast links with the much bigger dinner sausages. Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Johnsonville recommends its cooker for its sausages https://www.walmart.com/ip/Siz...ble-Plates/463824341
We have an old George Foreman grill that looks something like that, stuck away in the back of a cabinet in the kitchen. Haven't used it for years. I bet it would do a good job on sausage links.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Seems quite a few posting to this thread are confusing breakfast links with the much bigger dinner sausages. Roll Eyes

Hello Sir and good morning.

You, a long time member here, should realize that sometimes posting any topic is like herding cats.
They will not stay contained, will wander, and sometimes create a bit of havoc. Just have to accept and deal with it, lol.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Johnsonville recommends its cooker for its sausages …

Of course they would.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
<snip>
I’ve taken to eating sausages and hot dogs wrapped in tortillas.

I like that idea.

This was a staple meal in college in San Antonio. H‑E‑B tortillas and sausage both grilled and consumed in quantity. To this day I love a grilled sausage and flour tortilla as a quick camping or backyard meal.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I have never in my life seen someone steam breakfast sausages like that. Sounds like cooking beer brats or something, I dunno. Sounds strange to me, not breakfast-y.

I brown them in a skillet in their own grease/fat, adjust temp based on size and amount of sausages, roll around or flip as needed to get all sides and the middle done, move to paper towel on plate before serving to deal with any excess grease.

THAT'S how it's done over here in UK.

Some Europeans 'boil' a pork sossidge, but then, furriners do all kinds of strange stuff.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Hello Sir and good morning.

You, a long time member here, should realize that sometimes posting any topic is like herding cats.
They will not stay contained, will wander, and sometimes create a bit of havoc. Just have to accept and deal with it, lol.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

True enough! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post