SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Sig Forum Thank You
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sig Forum Thank You Login/Join 
Picture of Jupiter Coyote
posted
Sorry -this will be a bit random.

But I just wanted to say thank you to the group here, and the admins that run this board. It's been a wealth of valuable information, motivation, and entertainment for so long--while managing to avoid the cesspool of what makes most of the rest of the internet awful.

I have not been on here in years and recently got back into shooting-so this was my first stop. It's the same ole place of goodness.

I was introduced to shooting by my Uncle growing up. My guess is, some of you knew him-he was a mainstay in the Austin Tx shooting community for years. He gave my first Sig (an SP2340 with very low serial number) and had a relationship with STI International and also gifted me a Trojan 1911. He was a great man and I miss him--he passed in 2009.

I have a 16 year old son now (named after my Uncle) and we are starting to connect over, of all things, shooting. Those of you with kids know, you connect with them on anything they show interest in, just to get time with them.

It's kind of neat how things run full circle. This forum, my son, remind me of him.

Anyway, Thanks.

God Bless America

Posts: 950 | Location: North Cackalack | Registered: November 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder-

You have an unpaid check from the SIGforum cafeteria, July 9th, 2006:

Tuna on whole wheat

Slaw cup

Large iced tea, unsweetened.

$4.79

Posts: 107786 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. Para deserves all the credit for creating this place. Running it very, very well. And keeping it the great place it is for all those years. No small feat for sure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess we can waive the check, statute of limitations and all...

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I guess we can waive the check, statute of limitations and all...

Finally

THE WAIVER.

In action.

This might be a SIGforum first.

Wave! The Waiver waver waves a waiver.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31490 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
what's your secret decoder ring number?

Posts: 5610 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jupiter Coyote
posted Hide Post
OMG- the tuna sandwich! I forgot I had that. If I return it, can the past due bill be forgiven? I know it’s around here somewhere….

God Bless America

Posts: 950 | Location: North Cackalack | Registered: November 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Slaw cup or nothin'

posted Hide Post
$4.79? That’s a bargain!

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Currently, that combo will set you back $17.89 plus tax.

posted Hide Post
Better round up that plastic fork. Just sayin'

Posts: 938 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I can see JC still holdin on to the sammich and slaw cup, but that ice tea should be long gone by now.

Is the company cafeteria just gonna write off that tea?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Currently, that combo will set you back $17.89 plus tax.

Sounds right, factoring in bidenomics!

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post