SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SF brothers and sisters, which states would you consider commie states regarding the 2nd Amendment?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF brothers and sisters, which states would you consider commie states regarding the 2nd Amendment? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OK, Hellinois will be added to the Hall of Shame.

What about WA? Didn't they pass UBC in their state, recently? WA members, what say you?

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
NJ has got to be number one on that list. At lease CA doesn't throw you in jail if you have a pistol in a locked trunk.

I don't doubt they are near the top. But, you'll notice that the list is alphabetical. Wink

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What about WA? Didn't they pass UBC in their state, recently? WA members, what say you?

UBC passed two years ago with the hypocrits and oligarchs, Gates, Allen, the cCalifornian Hanneauer all chipping in $1mm plus and then the program lied through its teeth. Too bad for us but it appears that it is not being complied with, based on numbers of checks vs. before the vote, and there is an excellent bill still in the leg. to remove the constraints to a large extent.

On the other side of the coin: State preemption of gun law, City state of seattle would ban everything, state preempts.

Shall Issue CPL with no requirement other than a background check.

No Lisensing for ownership, no FOID, no limitation on what one can own in the state other than CL III weapns bought after '83, I think. Silencers are legal.

I could go on, but it is pretty positive. Seattle will never give up but they are corraled by Puget Sound and the Cascade Mountains. Sanity reigns in the rest of the state.

So I would say no, not a commie state, just annoyingly liberal...so far.

Posts: 6504 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Illinois definitely belongs on the list. In addition to reasons previously stated, to the best of my knowledge they are the only state which does not have reciprocity with any other state.

Illinois has reciprocity with 22 states. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a now free refugee from New York, they have to pretty much tie for worst with California. In New York you can not own an AR type rifle except a featureless or top loader, and those that complied and registered full featured guns can't even will them to anyone in the state. Upon death of the owner the only options are destruction or sale outside the state. They were allowed to be registered initially but that window is now shut. Active military relocating to New York? No exemption on law for privately owned and no window to lawfully register them anymore.
Simple possession of a pistol requires a permit which can take over a year to obtain and since the passing o the 2012 safe act is now subject to an every five year "recertification" ( renewal by another name) fail to decertify on time revoked your permit and the police show up and confiscate all guns both handguns and long guns with no process in place to get them back. 10 round mag limit and once they finalize the details a required background check system for buying ammo.
A non pistol permit holder can not in many cases even purchase pistol caliber ammo.
Handling of a pistol by a non permit holder is illegal. In many counties you are required to attend a handgun safety course and provide proof to obtain a pistol permit but the way the law is written you are not allowed to handle a pistol at the safety course!
If you arrive in the state and wish to obtain a permit, you are required to have three references which at least have to reside in the same county and in some jurisdictions must live in the same town! Don't know anyone? Out of luck. Some counties even have a six month minimum residency before you can even apply!
I could go on but having lived it New York is definitely in the number one spot, with California close behind

Posts: 3374 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
Illinois definitely belongs on the list. In addition to reasons previously stated, to the best of my knowledge they are the only state which does not have reciprocity with any other state.

Illinois has reciprocity with 22 states. MG

Per the http://www.handgunlaw.us/ website:

"Illinois does not honor any other states Permit/License."

Further (nail in their coffin), here's the list of states (4) that 'qualify' for their out of state permit. Roll Eyes

1. Arkansas, 2. Mississippi 3. Texas 4. Virginia

IL-Commies, every last one of them!

Watch out for all those laser devices!

From the same website:

Note: The city of Chicago ordinance above and the Police Dept Notice to Officers stating to confiscate firearms with an attached laser sight is in effect in Chicago. Chicago is in the process of rewriting their firearm laws (9/11/13) to comply with the new state preemption and I am hearing that this is being removed in the new ordinance but looking at the bill I do not see this being removed. Use Caution!
The Below listed cities in Illinois also ban Laser Sights. (There could be others)
Cicero, IL Sec. 62-195
Thornton, IL Sec. 10-1-13

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:

UBC passed two years ago with the hypocrits and oligarchs, Gates, Allen, the cCalifornian Hanneauer all chipping in $1mm plus and then the program lied through its teeth. Too bad for us but it appears that it is not being complied with, based on numbers of checks vs. before the vote, and there is an excellent bill still in the leg. to remove the constraints to a large extent.

On the other side of the coin: State preemption of gun law, City state of seattle would ban everything, state preempts.

Shall Issue CPL with no requirement other than a background check.

No Lisensing for ownership, no FOID, no limitation on what one can own in the state other than CL III weapns bought after '83, I think. Silencers are legal.

I could go on, but it is pretty positive. Seattle will never give up but they are corraled by Puget Sound and the Cascade Mountains. Sanity reigns in the rest of the state.

So I would say no, not a commie state, just annoyingly liberal...so far.

Yeah, not quite a commie state but angling to join that elite group of ... members. In 2014, WA state became the first state in the nation, to pass a UBC law, by voter initiative. The commercial ads prior to the ballot were misleading, misrepresentative and ... just awful. The frightened steeple rallied and voted yes.

With the (in effect Sep 2015) Universal background check for all sales (RCW 9.41.113), that ended private sales, trades and swaps.

A little bit of thread drift, but in Washington you can own the following NFA items:

Silencers
Any Other Weapon (AOW)
Destructive Devices (DD)
Short Barreled Rifles (SBR) legal to purchase and possess, and as of July 2016 manufacture.

In WA state, cannot own the following NFA restricted items.

Machine Guns
Short Barreled Shotguns (SBS)
It was not permitted to manufacture an SBR within the state of WA prior to July 2016.

... and further restrictive laws are being raised on a almost regular process. Big $$ behind this.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cali does not have reciprocity, and I believe Oregon may not as well.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note: The city of Chicago ordinance above and the Police Dept Notice to Officers stating to confiscate firearms with an attached laser sight is in effect in Chicago. Chicago is in the process of rewriting their firearm laws (9/11/13) to comply with the new state preemption and I am hearing that this is being removed in the new ordinance but looking at the bill I do not see this being removed. Use Caution!
The Below listed cities in Illinois also ban Laser Sights. (There could be others)
Cicero, IL Sec. 62-195
Thornton, IL Sec. 10-1-13

What is with the Laser ban? I guess when you shoot gangster style you need the laser to keep it on target. Makes sense now.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

Cali does not have reciprocity, and I believe Oregon may not as well.

Thanks for the information. I stand corrected. CA is already on the list but it sounds like OR should be as well.

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm Angler
posted Hide Post
quote:

Denver, Boulder and probably Aurora are pretty fucking commie. Other than that Colorado is solid.

Unfortunately Denver and Boulder control our legislature. Mag Ban + Universal Background Checks passed in 2013. Given all the people from gun unfriendly states moving here by the bus load, I have no solid hope of things getting better (back to the way they were). I'm Colorado born and bred, but may become a refugee. I never thought I'd have to leave...but I might.

Posts: 186 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rorke's Drift:
quote:

Denver, Boulder and probably Aurora are pretty fucking commie. Other than that Colorado is solid.

Unfortunately Denver and Boulder control our legislature. Mag Ban + Universal Background Checks passed in 2013. Given all the people from gun unfriendly states moving here by the bus load, I have no solid hope of things getting better (back to the way they were). I'm Colorado born and bred, but may become a refugee. I never thought I'd have to leave...but I might.

I knew about the mag ban (15-round limit correct?), but didn't about the UBC. Wow! Roll Eyes

You know, we think we're winning at the national level, but at states, we are not. These cockroaches spread like cancer, and before you know it, we lose another state.

Q

10mm Angler
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:

I knew about the mag ban (15-round limit correct?), but didn't about the UBC. Wow!

You know, we think we're winning at the national level, but at states, we are not. These cockroaches spread like cancer, and before you know it, we lose another state.

No mags over 15 rounds unless possessed prior to July, 2013. No transfers of 15+ round mags. All firearms sales must go through FFL, even private transfers. There are some exceptions like C&R guns, but on the whole, guns must be transferred through a dealer. Many dealers will not do a private transfer because they do not want to keep the paper for 20+ years and are supposedly limited to charging $10 (it recently went down, I think) to do a transfer.

We used to be a very gun friendly state. A lesson to stay vigilant, I suppose.

Posts: 186 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Maryland wasn't too bad until O'Mally bent use over and didn't use any lube.

Before his retarded laws we could own anything. Only big issue was CCW permits just don't happen.

Now I have to jump through hopes to buy most guns. Then there is the AR's are bad but a select few are still ok to buy. But hey I can buy fully auto stuff. Such stupid laws.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I hear you. Colorado native. Been giving a lot of thought to Idaho. I have friends and family up there. Would love to join them if it wasn't for family here.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I recommend RI be added to the list

Posts: 1726 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
You forgot Oregon.

Virtually all the west coast states are at least tickling the commie label, if not already there.

Kalifornistan is a lost cause.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Connecticut has one of the worst weapons bans in the country, but it is fairly easy to get a Pistol Permit.
Overall, I would definitely consider it a Commie State, and Komrade Governor Malloy wants to push it further into the abyss.

May be fairly easy to get a pistol permit, but what do they do with the records? Destroy them? Not likely. They just have a list of who has what, and where to find them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
NY has had handgun registration for 106 years.

Since 1911, that's pre commie. Wink

But NY has traditionally been on the wrong side of history, dating back to before the revolution.

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
As a side-bar to liberalism, we have neighbors that will cross the street in order to not talk to us because we put out a Trump sign... on the day of the election...

I do admit that Colorado is slipping. That said, there are several areas which flat out ignore the law. I know of at least one gun store outside of the "metro area" who has PMags and surplus AK mags sitting in the window and available for sale. They also had a Korean AK drum mag.

We are slipping, and I suspect if the next Gov is silly left, we'll slip further.

We legalized pot, we legalized assisted suicide (as I recall anyway). Interesting that I read on this forum that they just repeal the "switchblade law", but overall, the Californians and WA/OR liberals are moving here.

House prices are skyrocketing, as they did in Cali (and WA/OR) thanks to the moves to the state.

My first foray into Colorado was CU Boulder in the 90s, couldn't stand it but wanted a Master's degree and it was the best choice for me at the time. Much different in the southern metro suburbs.

I'm not planning on leaving for several years due to other reasons, but when I do leave, I'll be moving back home... southern born! Smile

James in Denver

quote:
quote:
quote:

I knew about the mag ban (15-round limit correct?), but didn't about the UBC. Wow! Roll Eyes

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post