SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Online Source for Laptop Batteries?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online Source for Laptop Batteries? Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
I have a Dell laptop that can hold only 7,000 mWh of it's original full charge capacity of 42,000 mWh.

I can buy from Dell at $81 or I can buy from Amazon from $39 to $53. Or I can get one from laptopbatteryexpress.com for $66.

I'm looking for the best value with as good as or better than the battery I can get from Dell but at a lower price.

I have no idea about the quality I can get from the non-Dell sources. Does anyone have any insights or another source of good quality laptop batteries?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No problem with multiple Amazon sourced batteries for our Dell Latitude machines (internal & external batteries). Put one in this week in a E5570.

I've become laptop Lazarus with how many machines I've revived.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
About a year ago my ASUS needed a new battery too. I didn’t like the prices I saw. I ended up buying one from an eBay seller who has many thousands of transactions and great feedback on laptop batteries. It was about $20 shipped from a USA address.

This was a year ago, it’s a good battery, good capacity, etc. I’m happy with it and would do the same thing again.

Good luck too you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A friend who works in an Apple shop says thy use NewerTech NuPower. I'll be shelling out $80 for the 55 Watt-Hour Replacement Battery for 13" MacBook Air (2010 - 2017) as soon as a biggish insurance job pays off.

https://eshop.macsales.com/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
About a year ago my ASUS needed a new battery too. I didn’t like the prices I saw. I ended up buying one from an eBay seller who has many thousands of transactions and great feedback on laptop batteries. It was about $20 shipped from a USA address.

This was a year ago, it’s a good battery, good capacity, etc. I’m happy with it and would do the same thing again.

Good luck too you.

I also bought a reasonably priced battery from a seller with many thousands of seller feedback with great results. Its also been about a year and its still going strong.
I would buy again.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 2.5 years into an Amazon bought battery for my Inspiron 1440. So far so good. It's an OMCreate brand cost me all of $23.99

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My business laptop replacement battery came from Newegg.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the responses. Unfortunately, I now remember I still have a warranty on this laptop that goes through 2021.

I may have to buy directly from them just to avoid the "you used a non-dell battery that is why your motherboard crapped out" excuse down the line.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I've bought a number of Apple Macbook Pro and Alienware laptop batteries from Amazon sellers over the recent years.
I usually go by the review information as selection criteria and I've only had one that didn't measure up-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
https://eshop.macsales.com/

Thanks I just ordered a new battery for my mid 2012 MacBook Air. I like that they take PayPal. I don't like entering my CC info on all these random sites.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post