SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Auction Today through this weekend RICK TREWORGY'S MUSCLE CAR CITY
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auction Today through this weekend RICK TREWORGY'S MUSCLE CAR CITY Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post

Takes me back to high school days
Me '74 older brother '68

Southern California had lots of drag strips back then. A good friend of my brother's rolled a '56 Chevy end over end in a street race and walked away from it. He clipped a concrete center divide in a business area at night.

Couple of my friends had a Pontiac GTO and Lemans

Me '63 Ford F100 Unitized Body Pickup. 6cyl three on the tree.

Thanks again for the post.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Whew. Quite a collection. A pair of COPO Camaros, a pair of bubble top Bel Airs (one appears to be original).

Really is selling everything. Pedal cars, popcorn cart, and even an apothecary cabinet.

Dude is going to retire in comfort after it's all sold, judging by the day one sales!

Rumor has it that he has a personal collection of 20, 1967 Corvettes and an additional 30 or so muscle cars. I suspect he lives in comfort reguardless of the cars.

True, but the sale prices of muscle cars has gone nuts lately.

I think he paid quite a bit less initially, than what some of these cars are selling for.

He'll live alot more comfortably!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Also going on now; the auction of a L88 Corvette that is a documented survivor over at BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/list...vrolet-l88-corvette/

The comment section is a good read.
With 12 days still to go, it’s over $300k.

It's at 325k presently. The standout for me is being a black car. From 68 on I can probably count on one hand how many C-3's I've seen in that color from the factory. In the 70's I worked at a Penske dealership, we had three dedicated Corvette technicians, they never touched anything but Vettes unless it was their own cars.

Even rarer than the L88 was the REAL ZL-1 Aluminum block 427 in 1969. While GM Performance Parts a few years ago did market what they called a ZL-1 I consider it more of a tribute, there were differences in it.

About 1989-90 time frame I had a friend who had a muscle car lot in Metro Detroit. He called me one evening with a dilemma, that being that he was in a telephone bidding war for an original ZL-1 bare block in the Chicago area if memory is correct. Anyway, he needed to confirm somethings he was told about it. If memory is correct it was one of the original fifty-some Camaro installed engines. I called my sources in GM Performance, real informal and small compared to today, got the information he needed. Those were the days that I could call and ask for Ernie Callard, the head of Performance Parts and actually speak to him. I met him earlier on during my years at Penske as my parts manager and I were the middleman between GM and Penske Racing.

He bailed out at about the 5k mark as the bidding kept going up, this was before Ebay days, just all telephone bids, word of mouth. Don't remember where it ended up or for how much but it was pretty impressive for that era, that I remember.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post