SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Houston area couple finds fully-automatic M16s in storage cases bought online
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston area couple finds fully-automatic M16s in storage cases bought online Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Honest question. If you bought this lot yourself and found these guns in it, would you....

A - Report the sale/purchase to the appropriate (whatever they are) entities.

Or

B - Keep your mouth shut and enjoy your score.

Personally, given current times, I'm struggling with an answer.

What guns do you speak of? I just bought some empty pelican cases.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am a chicken shit in my old age.

I would make a call to the feds and get rid of them.

How many years would you get for hot machine guns?

Not worth the risk to me.

Other can have different opinions.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

I might consider calling my local sheriff, who I mostly trust. Or I might call the State Troopers, but only the Troopers I know.

But the LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH who I would call would be any federal agency. No Freaking way!!!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'd absolutely return the 10 rifles I found in the case.

Posts: 3663 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

I might consider calling my local sheriff, who I mostly trust. Or I might call the State Troopers, but only the Troopers I know.

But the LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH who I would call would be any federal agency. No Freaking way!!!

Word.
Put me on that list.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honest question. If you bought this lot yourself and found these guns in it, would you....

Or

I’d go on a boating outing in the Gulf of Mexico and “have a boating accident”. That’s all I’m gonna say…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possession of one unregistered machine gun is 10 years and 100K fine. That'd be a hefty sentence for a dozen..

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I still find it hard to believe that no one looked into the cases before they were auctioned off

Standard procedure, according to a buddy who does what the Houston couple does.

The storage facilities open the door but bidders cannot go inside and thus can't open contaniers and for that matter can only see what is visible from the door - whatever's on the top of the piles, outsides of the containers not buried by other stuff, etc.

I don't know how private the unloading is, for the winning bidders, and for that matter, if you're not expecting sensitive stuff, you might just open the boxes there and then to figure out if anything is fragile or needs special handling during transport before you shovel it onto the truck to take away.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
"The military carefully tracks all of its weapons"

Are you SURE?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bossman:
Possession of one unregistered machine gun is 10 years and 100K fine. That'd be a hefty sentence for a dozen..
So the same people who couldn't keep up with them in the first place are somehow going to have an epiphany and come arrest you for now having them? You'll find a picture of these people next to the term clusterf*ck in the Webster's Dictionary. Now if you roll into the south side of Chicago and have a trunk sale for da brotha's, yeah, you likely could run into a problem or two.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
I'd absolutely return the 10 rifles I found in the case.

Wink

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Being the honest and helpful type, I'd call Eric Holder to come pick them up. Smile

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or

If every fish in the sea kept his mouth shut, nobody would get hooked...

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
"One of the strictest things we have in the military is weapons accountability."

Speaking as a guy who was a 76Y30 MOS, ordnance supply and issued guns to a brigade for a living, weapons accountability in the Army is largely a joke.

It was pretty fun seeing a 1LT run around JRTC looking for his M4.

Or the SGT who lost his NVGs and didn't bother telling anyone about it. We found it and kept them secured until his 1SG came to talk to our 1SG about them.

Posts: 13129 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
that shipment was meant for somebody else

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2013 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Screw the government. Why in the rolling hills of fuck would anyone be Stockholm Syndromed enough to turn these in?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I just have to think about all of these crates we don't hear anything about. Wink

I still can't believe the level of cowardice it must take to tattle on one's self. Get the fuck out of my gene pool, will ya?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I would contact them. The ATF, and I would let them come and inspect and take the box of stripped receivers that were left in a bag in one of the boxes. . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
What we'll never find out, if it were true, is if these weapons were "lost" during the Afghan withdraw.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post