SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have an iPhone projector? More info and phot added.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have an iPhone projector? More info and phot added. Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I’ve attached a stock photo of the camper interior, most mount a TV on the cabinet door above the AC.

I was thinking a small projector screen that I can roll down and the projector would be better.

So currently we don’t have a TV and trying to avoid it to be honest for a less permanent solution, as we’re only in the camper to sleep and avoid rain.

OP:

No idea where to start this search, gonna use it in the camper. Only gonna be projecting about 6’ onto a 40” max screen.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I would suggest looking into a large panel display instead of a projector for this use profile.

Pros: better picture, more predictable setup (don't have to fool with focusing, keystoning, etc.), less dependent on ambient lighting conditions, works with almost any device that can output HDMI (or be adapted to such).

Cons: can't roll it up for storage, won't scale to greater distance/larger screen area, cost.

Having dealt with many many projectors+screens in conference room situations, I pity the fool who tries to use one of these outdoors, or for occasional use, or with a variety of imaging devices.

The technology of projectors, resolution, compatible sync rates, etc. seems to trail that available in displays. If you are looking for a HD experience, you will find this much easier to achieve in a fixed display. Don't forget, HD is a moving target, what is considered HD now will be seen as dated in a matter of a few years. Of course, this affects all types of display technology, but the rigid displays seem to keep up better than projectors.

Obviously, if you are hoping to project onto the side of a building, to achieve an image of 15' or more, the cost of a fixed display this size might be prohibitive, not to mention the cost of the crew to haul it around, but for the distance/size described in the OP. my feeling is that a monitor display would be far superior.

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
40" is probably the size of the TV/monitor you have as well. Assuming that's on a local wifi network, just get an app to mirror your iPhone/iPad to that. Can be done with Firestick and (I think) Roku, etc.

If you can also store your content online, other option may be the native browser in a Firestick, etc. to view.

{Sorry for being the guy who didn't answer the question but another one instead. Just thinking you've maybe got better options, and this is how I've solved similar.}

eta - this is the app I use on apple devices to stream over network/TV. To be clear, all this takes is both devices to be on the same network and have a means to install the app on TV. No Apple TV etc. required, but that would likely work. I'm running Firestick on TVs, with this app loaded there.

ApowerMirror

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You probably want to have an Apple TV device which will connect your iPhone to a TV or projector; it will plug in to the TV/projector with an HDMI cable.
That is what you will use for a wireless connection between iPhone and TV (it works on a wi-fi network).
If you need to have a wired connection, you would need a Lightning to HDMI adapter as the best connection; DVI second best.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have not bought the TV/monitor yet, all the new TVs have built-in WiFi and browsers.

You can just connect the phone to the TV with a cable or WiFi.

Make sure the new TV has Apple AirPlay supported

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KODAK Luma 150 Ultra Mini Pocket Pico Projector - Built in Rechargeable Battery & Speaker, 1080P Support Portable Wireless LED DLP Movie & Video Travel Projector, Connects to iPhone and Android https://a.co/d/7rAIB2f

We tried one of these for work to simply use for PowerPoint presentations in customer meetings. Unfortunately it was just not bright enough for our use, which was around the distance you ask about. We stopped traveling with it.

Posts: 21 | Location: DFW | Registered: September 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post