SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Left-Wing Radical Gets Just 5 Years for Killing Conservative Teen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left-Wing Radical Gets Just 5 Years for Killing Conservative Teen Login/Join 
posted
A North Dakota leftist is being let off easy for killing a conservative teenager after an argument about politics.

https://nationalfile.com/left-...g-conservative-teen/

A left-wing radical will spend just 5 years in prison for the killing of a conservative teenager after striking a sweetheart plea deal with prosecutors and then landing a sweetheart sentence from the judge, who issued the defendant even less time in prison than the plea allowed for.
Shannon Brandt, of Glenfield, North Dakota, will serve just 5 years in prison for the killing of conservative teenager Cayler Ellingson. He will receive credit for the nearly one year he’s already spent in jail in connection with Ellingson’s 2022 death when Brandt ran the teenager down with his vehicle in McHenry, North Dakota after arguing with him about politics at a public gathering.

Brandt, who was reportedly inebriated at the time, fled the scene of the attack but called 911 to report his actions.

He told dispatchers that he deliberately hit Ellingson with his vehicle because the teenager was part of a “Republican extremist group.”

Brandt was initially released from jail on a $50,000 bond after being charged with vehicular homicide and began scrubbing his social media pages immediately, reportedly to cover up his personal and political connections to the radical left. Shortly thereafter, he was taken back into custody, where he has remained.

Brandt’s sweetheart sentencing comes after he’d already struck a sweetheart deal with prosecutors to plead guilty in Ellingson’s death in exchange for facing just up to one decade in prison. The deal drew controversy of its own when it was announced earlier this year after it was revealed that the left-wing killer was being let off easy by left-wing prosecutor Kara Brinster

But at sentencing, Brandt made out even better than the deal had offered, being slapped with a prison term of just five years.

https://www.valleynewslive.com...-foster-county-teen/

Posts: 12732 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
5 years for murder and 17 years for walking through the WH.

Someday, there will be a reckoning and the debts will be paid.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12754 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

It was foretold and has been written. It shall be done.

Q

Posts: 26472 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
after striking a sweetheart plea deal with prosecutors and then landing a sweetheart sentence from the judge, who issued the defendant even less time in prison than the plea allowed for.

Come election time, identify the DA, the prosecutor working the case and the judge.
Why was a plea-deal offered to begin with? Was there key evidence/testimony that would not have been given if this shitbag didn't get the offer of a lighter charge?

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

The sooner the better. Long overdue. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Are judges in North Dakota appointed or elected? And how about the prosecutor and DA?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1868 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sentenced on September 5th to twenty two years out of the thirty three originally sought by federal prosecutors. That, even after they got him to recant and beg for mercy.

Posts: 17212 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If there’s any justice to be had, hopefully it’ll be in the form of all the prison sex he can handle and then some.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Let's just say I hope the inmates in North Dakota even the score

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
May Shannon Brandt hear noises in the shadows every day he has left.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8364 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Inmates can be brutal, especially when their accounts get a hefty increase.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34137 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Are judges in North Dakota appointed or elected? And how about the prosecutor and DA?

I wondered about that too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

All elected and I can't ever remember a incumbent judge ever losing their seat.

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
He did get off lightly but I don't think the news stories have the whole story. The national file was started by Alex Jones and not a credible news source.

Here is one with the actual transcript.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nor...ontradicted-911-call.

If I were going to guess I would say he probably mentally ill from a wealthy family.

As far as retaliation in prison I doubt that will happen.

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

All elected and I can't ever remember an incumbent judge ever losing their seat.

I have no doubt that you’re right. But there’s a first time for everything, and the North Dakota voters appear to have their heads on straight:

Governor Doug Burgum (R)
US Senator John Hoeven (R)
US Senator Kevin Cramer (R)

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
IANAL but it would seem that the family of the decedent has four years to organize a wrongful death lawsuit for maybe a gazillion dollars. The death of a young, bright, guy could have a lot of dollar signs in an action.

Besides, it would be a boon to the convected shit heel, give him something to look forward to after the jail house meditation and bridge club is done with him.

Posts: 6404 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post