SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Bernardino elementary school shooting: Multiple injuries reported

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
San Bernardino elementary school shooting: Multiple injuries reported Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
This appears to be relatively self-contained at this point. Murder-suicide with some collateral damage, perhaps.

DEVELOPING: A California elementary school is currently on lockdown after 4 people reportedly were shot there Monday in what police suspect is a murder-suicide.

The incident happened around 10 a.m. local time at the North Park Elementary school in San Bernardino.

Chief Jarrod Burguan ✔ @SBPDChief
We believe this to be a murder suicide. Happened in a class room. Two students have been transported to the hospital.

Based on preliminary information, there were 4 victims, with the suspect possibly down as well, San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan posted on Twitter.

One of the victims is believed to be a teacher and responders are on scene treating victims, Maria Garcia, communications officer at San Bernardino Unified School District, told Fox News.

“We believe this to be a murder-suicide. Happened in a classroom,” Burguan said.

The school is on lockdown along with two others: Hillside Elementary School and Cajon High School.

Garcia told the San Bernardino Sun that school officials believe the “situation is contained.”

Burguan advised the public to stay out of the area.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...juries-reported.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
You must be new here......jumping on the latest "incident" is frowned upon until ALL facts are available.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4653 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
You must be new here......jumping on the latest "incident" is frowned upon until ALL facts are available.

Nope, I just figured it would wind up here eventually. Does it look to you like I "jumped" on it or hyped it in any way? I just thought it was another news item that was worthy enough to bother posting.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
There has been a long standing, and often repeated, 24 hour rule on this type of thing, that's all that was being pointed out to you.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Good enough. Didn't know about the "24 hour" rule. I just didn't think this made the cut as a highly energized pro-gun/anti-gun piece. To me it was mainly another shooting that was likely to be discussed. The fact that it was in California made it slightly more interesting. Apologies if I broke the rules.