SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WW 2 Guns in Service Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WW 2 Guns in Service Today Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Awesome 18 minute video by Mark Felton

https://youtu.be/s59IFr_5DJ4

Worth to check out his other videos also

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Great video

My favorite weapon to fire was the M2, what a beast and surprisingly accurate in single shot with irons

I never got to fire the M3 Grease Gun but it was part of my load out while on an M88 crew in the late 80's-early 90's

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That was great! Thanks for passing it along. Smile

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JMB was a genius.

its fascinating how little has changed in firearms and ammunition technology in the last 80-100 years

evolutionary advances ? yes. revolutionary advances? no.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have really started to like Mark's videos, short and packed for of info.

It's amazing how weapons designed in the first quarter of the last century were so well designed they are still in use today.

If society broke down tomorrow I would feel well armed with a M38, M1 Garand, K98....BAR...Thompson..etc

And carry a BHP several days a week...mind you a lightly customized one

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing they’ve changed on the M2 is adding a safety and a rail for optics. That says a lot about how good it really is

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I had no idea the Germans used the Kongsberg 1911 during WWII.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Great video

My favorite weapon to fire was the M2, what a beast and surprisingly accurate in single shot with irons

Surprised he didn't mention Carlos Hathcock though he did use a scope for his famous kill.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you're a history nerd like me, Dr. Mark Felton's YouTube channel is well worth a subscription. He releases new videos regularly, and they're all very well-researched and well-made.

It's ~90% WW2 history, but does occasionally cover other military history topics from the 20th century (Falklands, Gulf War, Korea, Vietnam, WW1, etc.)

He also has a second YouTube channel, War Stories with Mark Felton, that is audio only. Similar topics, just presented more like an audiobook/podcast than a full-blown video with pictures and footage.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I got to fire the German MG3 in 1993 as part of a Bundeswehr partnership unit range day while stationed there with the US Army, that thing was fun as HELL to shoot.

The rate of fire was way faster than the M-60 then in service with us.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

The rate of fire was way faster than the M-60 then in service with us.

no doubt

did you ever see this video produced during WW2 ? addresses the 'intimidation' factory of the higher German rate of fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyj-ZHXFKQI

pretty cool

-------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post