SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sharing proud dad moment from the weekend
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharing proud dad moment from the weekend Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
My youngest child is a 10 year old girl.

She is, unfortunately her father’s daughter. So she’s huge. Not fat. But at 10 she is already sharing clothes with her 5’7 mother and looking her in the eye. This is great for her 6’8 D1 basketball playing oldest brother. And for her 6’4 center back 16 year old brother who is already getting offers to play soccer. But for a girl?

she’s awkward

On land

In water, she’s a g-damned mermaid

She is ranked in the top 20 in the state in backstroke for under 12 girls. At 10.

This past weekend, at her swim meet, she was supposed to swim the 50 free. Somehow the meet proctors screwed up the heats, and she was left standing and had not gotten to swim

So there were tears. Her coaches saw what happened. There was discussion with the meet proctors.

I am watching all this from the elevated stands as my blood pressure climbs as I see my baby girl in distress

I can see that the coaches and proctors have come to a solution and my little girl lined up to swim in the next heat

Against the 11-12 year old boys

AND SHE SMOKED THE FIELD

eat that, “Lia” Thomas

The icing on the cake was hearing a dad bitch about how his 12 year old son didn’t get a heat ribbon because he lost to my 10 year old daughter. Here’s an idea, swim faster

Big Grin

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your daughter! You should be proud, Dad!

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a father of two girls I love reading this.

Posts: 992 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Against the 11-12 year old boys

AND SHE SMOKED THE FIELD

Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
WoW! What are her times? Meters or yards? Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8531 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Kevbo! I love stories like this..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6330 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’d have to check for sure but I know her 50 meter backstroke and freestyle are just over the 30 second mark. I think she is almost as fast in the backstroke as she is with the crawl

quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
WoW! What are her times? Meters or yards? Cheers

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Great, I love a happy feel good story!

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proud father of two girls salutes!

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yep. Take that victory lap. I’d be ecstatic.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good for her.

And don't worry about her size. One, there will be lots of guys out there who love a tall girl. And two, if you worry about it she will sense it and worry about it, too. Give her all the confidence you can.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
^
Yes. Good for her!
Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Kudos to the coaches and proctors for coming up with a solution.

Congratulations to your daughter on a victory to be savored.

I suspect a high level of parental support in this case. Excellent story.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 720 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Good for the organizers for finding a solution. I’m sure they do the best they can when organizing events. Needless to say her confidence has grown tremendously! Keep up the great work!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Yes yes and F-yes!!

My girl plays baseball and softball. The boys always bitch, so they bat her 8th at the beginning of the season. By the end of the season she is batting 2nd or 3rd and starting 2B or 1B or LF.

Earn it boys, cause the girls are coming!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5133 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That's awesome.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
That made my day.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Awesome to hear from another proud girl dad. Ours is 11 and she’s tall and solid as well, not fat but just solid. Hopefully she wont take after my size *too* much, my wife is average height and thin so maybe it’ll average out.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7001 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post