SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Rioters riot. They don't need a reason. I do hope that the lad is acquitted of all charges.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^
That Babylon Bee piece was stupid. Are they using SNL writers now?
Actually, I think its its just about right on target given the idiocy we live in today.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
So you're suggesting Kyle being convicted of some BS charge and going to jail so the jury can cop out on their responsibilities would be preferable to having to go through another trial and potentially be found not guilty?

I'm suggesting that he'd prefer not to go through another trial and potentially be found guilty.
Or potentially be found innocent. Both options would be available. However, giving the jury three options instead of two (i.e. guilty, not guilty, or guilty of some lesser charge) and you heighten the probability that the mental midgets that sit on many juries will get confused or simply cop out to something so they can go home. This should be simple, assuming IQ's in excess of 80 by the jurors.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
So you're suggesting Kyle being convicted of some BS charge and going to jail so the jury can cop out on their responsibilities would be preferable to having to go through another trial and potentially be found not guilty?

I'm suggesting that he'd prefer not to go through another trial and potentially be found guilty.
Or potentially be found innocent. Both options would be available. However, giving the jury three options instead of two (i.e. guilty, not guilty, or guilty of some lesser charge) and you heighten the probability that the mental midgets that sit on many juries will get confused or simply cop out to something so they can go home. This should be simple, assuming IQ's in excess of 80 by the jurors.

Have you spent much time on juries?

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14216 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this is one of the first videos that came out

you can clearly hear the pistol shot by Ziminski, and shortly after that the 4 separate shots by kyle at Rosenbaum

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298840777251008512

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a few folks need to watch the original Twelve Angry Men. Offers some insight.

The jury has not been eating well by my standards. I heard the Judge mention KFC last week.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^
That Babylon Bee piece was stupid. Are they using SNL writers now?
Actually, I think its its just about right on target given the idiocy we live in today.

I thought it was amusing and perhaps prophetic.

Posts: 6673 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Well good for you.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe a few folks need to watch the original Twelve Angry Men. Offers some insight.

The jury has not been eating well by my standards. I heard the Judge mention KFC last week.
I'm not opposed to KFC .

Posts: 4120 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its racist dont you know haha

Seriously, sitting on that jury has got to be miserable. Kenosha has plenty of sit down restaurants. They could easily cater some decent food. I happen to not like fast food and have not eaten it decades. But if you like KFC I am ok with that.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you spent much time on juries?
Last three times as jury foreman, so, yes.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
excluding exculpatory evidence

...Should carry with it severe legal consequences for those responsible. As in, career ending, perhaps prison inducing, severe penalties, and is figuratively tantamount to kidnapping or false imprisonment or the like in the regular world.

It is as vile a practice as is imaginable in a legal context, allowing someone to be found guilty and sentenced under such circumstances.

A hanging offense, figuratively speaking, as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^
Well good for you.

Thank you!

Posts: 6673 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
COUNT 2: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

This count was because reporter McGinnis was in the line of fire. Kyle - Rosenbaum - McGinnis

but McGinnis was running behind Kyle & Rosenbaum to see what was happening. He knew that Kyle had a rifle. McGinnis intentionally put himself in the line of fire.

When the prosecutor kept asking about FMJ versus hollow points, he was arguing Kyle used "dangerous" FMJ that penetrated bodies and endangered bystanders.

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
That was an interesting discussion.

They suggested that Reckless Endangerment could result from missing your target or using FMJ bullets.
The Prosecutor argued that hollow points “exploded” when they hit the target and therefore were safer.

The judge corrected him pointing out that hollow points expand or fragment and do not explode.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Judge also stated that neither bullet type could be counted on to prevent overpenetration. (paraphrasing)

(I do not recall if jury was present or not during the exchanges over the issue)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44068 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Another Gun Related mis-statement:
I was surprised by Officer Brittani Bray’s AR-15 terminology when she made mention of pulling the “slide back” rather than charging handle or bolt.

Nit-picky, I know, but still a bit surprised with her reference to a slide on an AR-15.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
"I don't want to cite you for a moving violation, but I have to cite you for something."
Which, just to clarify, is utter and complete bullshit. She didn't have to cite you for anything. She opted to cite you for something she knew you'd pay and not contest. Ya hear that....Cha Ching.

There was no fine associated with that cite, and she told me that at the time.

She had me dead to rights for speeding. I'd been doing a good 15 MPH over, coming over the top of the hill, the other side of which she was sitting, just waiting for somebody to do what I'd done.

She did me a big favor.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Allowing lesser charges to be considered gives the jury something to nail him for. It may not be ideal, but it's a lot better than giving the prosecutor another shot, where he'd have the opportunity to correct the plethora of mistakes in his first go.
Oh bologna. Going to jail for something you're not guilty for is somehow "ideal"?

Please read again, noting added emphasis.

quote:
A good jury foreman would have this whole thing wrapped up in an hour or less.

You're making a lot of assumptions, which, considering the fact you're not sitting in Kyle's or his defense team's chairs, or on that jury, I think you're in no position to make.

One of the things that should make this a slam-dunk for the jury, from our perspective, has been the prosecutor's unbelievably poor performance.

I'd almost be willing to bet a mortgage payment the prosecution won't repeat that performance given a second chance.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there is a Jury involved , nothing is a slam dunk .

Posts: 4120 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correct. It would be very interesting to know the backgrounds of those on the jury. I assume they are local folks. I would also be interested what measures are being taken to protect their identity. Does anyone know whether a jury consultant was employed to assist in selection?