SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for 870 riot shotgun stock and fore end ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for 870 riot shotgun stock and fore end ... Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted
Where is a good place to go for a new stock and fore end for an 870 riot shotgun ?

Thanks

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Numrich has a number of different ones.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Interesting website. Notice they have a lot of used factory original parts. Have you bought any of their used factory original items and what did you think of the condition?

Thanks.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with eBay. I have both a wood and a synthetic fore end at my house you are welcome to if you would like one. They were both taken off when brand new and put in my pile of things to do something with later.

The only caveat is I am on vacation out of town at my friend's house and won't be home until next Sunday. If interested, you could send me an email.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Interesting website. Notice they have a lot of used factory original parts. Have you bought any of their used factory original items and what did you think of the condition?

Thanks.

Not Remington 870 parts. I have ordered a lot from Numrich over the years. Good company.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Summit Gun Broker.
$19.99 for used synthetic 870 stock and fore grip.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I modified a "clone" Remington 870 with this...

https://blackhawk.com/knoxx-specops-stock-gen-iii/

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I've had good luck with eBay. I have both a wood and a synthetic fore end at my house you are welcome to if you would like one. They were both taken off when brand new and put in my pile of things to do something with later.

The only caveat is I am on vacation out of town at my friend's house and won't be home until next Sunday. If interested, you could send me an email.

That is a generous offer and I appreciate it ... but erj_pilot really got my interest in the blackhawk.

The synthetic stock I have is too short for me and I do not have a flashlight to use with the fore grip. Both of these I plan to karma since I will not have a need for them.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Old Dino, with Numrich you get whatever they pull out of the box. I’ve gotten brand new factory stuff that was advertised as “used” and I’ve gotten some stuff that looked like my kid had drug it behind his bike for a mile.

I did ask them to color match a SMLE stock and upper stocks and they humored me . This is a decade ago and I was able to talk to a human not just order and hope for the best.

I ordered a lanyard loop for my grandfather’s S&W Model 10 (his was blued) and asked that they see if they could find one blued but I wound up with a parkerized loop. But they tried, so there’s that.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
As to the Blackhawk, most of our officers hate the buttstock. They complain that they get their face whacked under recoil, and I have seen more than one mouse under eyes at the range. I have no issue with it but I worked on getting a proper hold with it to develop muscle memory. Personally, I think the stock set up is the best overall option. Less bulky, slim, and familiar.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
You could put a WTB ad in the classifieds.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I don't own these, but I like the look of the Magpul offering...

Stock --> https://magpul.com/firearm-acc...?mp_global_color=118

Forend --> https://magpul.com/moe-m-lok-f...?mp_global_color=118

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8927 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with Midwest Gun Works. Search by make and model.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 720 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Unless you're specifically looking for a vintage OEM look, I highly recommend the Magpul furniture.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5415 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
As to the Blackhawk, most of our officers hate the buttstock. They complain that they get their face whacked under recoil, and I have seen more than one mouse under eyes at the range. I have no issue with it but I worked on getting a proper hold with it to develop muscle memory. Personally, I think the stock set up is the best overall option. Less bulky, slim, and familiar.

You make a very convincing point. I have never used and pistol grip type stock on a shotgun soe am not familiar with using one. Best to keep the same as my other shotguns.

The reason I want to swap out the stock is because it is too short for me as it was originally set up for a small guy or a woman. I don't care for the foregrip because it is a bit too bulky as it has a flashlight holder built in ... and it is for a larger size flashlight.

Update: I just measured both the 870s ... the riot shotgun and my wingmaster bird gun. The riot gun stock is 1 1/2 inches shorter than the wingmaster. I would like both stocks to be the same length.

posted Hide Post
Mesa Tactical.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
benny6 and nhracecraft ... I am not looking for the vintage OEM look, the Magpul is what I am looking for. I like the two-tone look contrast between the furniture and the metal finish.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I don't own these, but I like the look of the Magpul offering...

Stock --> https://magpul.com/firearm-acc...?mp_global_color=118

Forend --> https://magpul.com/moe-m-lok-f...?mp_global_color=118

I just ordered both ... thank you for the links.