Notify
Tools

Malware Bytes Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Hit Man Pro is very good. I run it after Malware Bytes and it normally finds and cleans stuff that Malware Bytes missed. Real easy to use and quick! Not all the overhead of Malware Bytes.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2670 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I prefer SuperAntiSpyware.

Use MB as a second opinion only. Hardly ever.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12118 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It would be helpful for posters in this thread to state the platform that they’re running Malwarebytes on.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8969 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
It would be helpful for posters in this thread to state the platform that they’re running Malwarebytes on.

About 10 devices - Win 7 and 10.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I have the paid version for Mac. I know Mac’s OS isn’t targeted as much as other platforms, but I like the “insurance”.

I have it running on 2 machines and have not had any issues.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6414 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I use Superantispyware. Probably over a hundred PCs running windows XP, 7 and 10. Been loadinf on every computer i get my hands on over more that 15 years. I believe i adopted it when i dumped Spybot, search and destroy and another similar product because they did not satisfy me any longer.

I think MB is way to slow.

0-0

Posts: 12118 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are using a regular antivirus with real-time protection, you just need the free version. With the free version you don’t get scheduled scans, but I just run mine once a month for piece of mind. It found over 100 issues on my fathers computer recently. Not sure if it eats up CPU, I run it when I am done with the PC for the day.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

"I think MB is way to slow."

0-0

I am not familiar with SAS, but I know MB quick scans have improved tremendously over the last few years. However if you do a rootkit scan and target multiple drives you will be in for a wait. I run disk cleanup on drives before I do rootkit scans. Removing old Windows installs, "C:\windows.old" files, can recoup 30GB+ of HD space.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1734 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it on my iMac and MacBook for several years.
No problems at all.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have used Malwarebytes in the past and found it effective and useful. And free.

Lately, I have not, as I think the included protections with Windows have been getting better. I haven't had the need.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

"I think MB is way to slow."

0-0

I am not familiar with SAS, but I know MB quick scans have improved tremendously over the last few years. However if you do a rootkit scan and target multiple drives you will be in for a wait. I run disk cleanup on drives before I do rootkit scans. Removing old Windows installs, "C:\windows.old" files, can recoup 30GB+ of HD space.

I use ccleaner quite regularly to check the registry and do the regular cleanup.
To remove the old useless stuff like past monthly updates, restore points, and past versions of the OS i use Privazer. I try to keep my machines lean and mean. Not a fanatic but costs are high where i live and resources are scarce.

As i said, i have nothing against MB but have found SAS to be quicker.
Every now and then i 've had a glitch with it and the SAS core process has become a bitch to remove. Sometimes it gets left behind after uninstalling and it keeps running at boot.
Not often.
Then, i switch to MB for a second opinion. Usually reinstalling SAS afterwards.

0-0