SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A friendly reminder: Memorial Day Flag etiquette
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A friendly reminder: Memorial Day Flag etiquette Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
On Memorial Day the flag should be flown at half-staff from sunrise until noon only, then
raised briskly to the top of the staff until sunset, in honor of the nation’s battle heroes

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have a garage pole that does not permit half-staff display. I do have a black crepe streamer but can't reach the top of the pole to attach/remove it. My Flag is up 24/7 and lit at night.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My flag is waving in the breeze.......long wave old Glory!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Mine is resting peacefully in its drawer.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very disappointed when I passed an
U.S. Army Reserve Unit to see the flag at half-staff yesterday! You would think that they would know proper etiquette.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Mine will be flown in the prescribed manner on May 30th. None of this Monday holiday crap (another gift from the Johnson Administration).

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post