SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A drone and a grenade...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A drone and a grenade... Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Can make a BIGGGG mess.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MpwEZ_9VLD8

Related article

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
that is a hell of a conflagration...

but what is going on?? (don't speak Russian)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Ukraine's domestic intelligence service, the SBU, believes that a drone carrying a Russian thermite hand grenade caused a series of titanic explosions at Balakliya, a military base in Eastern Ukraine. Amateur video of the incident posted on YouTube shows a raging fire spewing out of control artillery rockets, and an explosion and shockwave that sent civilians nearby reeling"

Posts: 26950 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
A billion dollars up in smoke Eek

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It's always amazed me how such little things can do so much damage. PT boats taking out battleships come to mind.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
From a tactics side, you have to admire the ingenuity, if indeed that was the case.

Nice cook off of the rockets with secondaries, that's always entertaining. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Munitions storage/dump hit.

Oh yeahhhhh.

Gotta love secondaries.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and boom goes the dynamite

All jokes aside, if that's how it played out, that's extremely low tech and targets are limitless.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"Ukraine's domestic intelligence service, the SBU, believes that a drone carrying a Russian thermite hand grenade caused a series of titanic explosions at Balakliya, a military base in Eastern Ukraine. Amateur video of the incident posted on YouTube shows a raging fire spewing out of control artillery rockets, and an explosion and shockwave that sent civilians nearby reeling"

This is in the Kharkiv Oblast (state), my inlaws live in Kharkiv. This is only 96Km away....

This was a while back...if I remember correctly

Unsettling if it was Russian as the war has not gone that far north.

My sister in laws office overlooks a tank depot/repair yard.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post