SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a recommendation for locally sourced daily wear suits please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a recommendation for locally sourced daily wear suits please Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I have several nice suits. These will be worn on the more important occasions.

I am looking for classic fit, economical suit options for daily wear. Nothing fancy. $200-500. Not slim cuts. More traditional solid colors.

These are suits that the pants likely will wear out long before the coat. Things that will never see very formal occasions and if they tear in a few months, it won’t be a huge loss.

I prefer brands that can be sourced locally.

Any recommendations? Again, the nice stuff is covered.

Posts: 17902 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
How far are your from Farmington Hills? There is a Saks 5th Avenue outlet there (Saks Off 5th). You can find Hugo Boss, Hickey Freeman and Saks private label suits in classic cuts between $300 and $500 there. You’ll have a hard time finding quality fabrics and tayloring in that price range at other local options.

I buy Armani and Zegna suits at the local off 5th although a bit above your stated price range.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oz, The Men's Warehouse in Baldwin Commons on S. Baldwin Rd. in Lake Orion did right by me. That is my go-to store for suits, now. In fact they did so well by me I almost wished I needed another suit so I'd have an excuse to go back Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
See if you have a Brooks Brothers Outlet close. They have a number of casual suit options that don’t break the bank.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25437 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I drive all over southeast Michigan. Nordstrom Rack used to have good brands but now their selections are not very good. I’m not sure if the good tailor in Sterling Heights I used to go to is still in business. He had decent suits.

Posts: 17902 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would look for a small family run men's clothing store in or near a large city.

Store overhead costs generally is low, quality is often good and they usually have a tailor on board to make an inexpensive suit look good on you.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post